The Reef Tank banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
the shutterbug mod!
2,394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Isn't it something how a tank can change, and how a pile of rocks can look so different every time you take them out and play.
I'm still so happy that I tore it apart yesterday and cut that rock into 3 pieces, it really was the best thing I could have done for my tank; there's that much more area for all the good little critters that help filter the tank. It now has more shelves and more open swimming area, it's been a win/win.
I'd like to show you how my tank has evolved since january when I began setting it up. I look at these old pics now and wonder what I was thinking to stack rock like that, but hey, every time I've done it I've learned more and more.
So here are the pics of my tank, and the dates so you get an idea of what happened when.
Ok,
ready?

January 24, my first setup with the rocks
February 19, already antsy with the tank so I redid the rocks
here's when I got my new lighting, sometime in march
April 4, things are growing well, but that rack is bothering me, but we built it to keep the rocks off of the sandbed... good idea, bad implementation.
July 30, took it all apart and removed that pvc rack... getting better
August 18, the newest aquascape after removing that big boulder. I'm waiting for the lights to come on!!!

Attachments

·
the shutterbug mod!
2,394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
woohoo! lights are on! As usual my fts just does not do it justice... hey you photo guru's, what settings should my camera be on so that it doesn't look so washed out? I've tinkered with the time value but that must not be it... argh. :doh: guess I should just stick to macros? :agree:

See Lucy up in the rocks, and the firefish? Lenny the Blenny seems no worse for wear from his adventure yesterday, and I spy one pj card behind the rocks, wonder where the other one is hiding. Gotta go stare at it for a while!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,051 Posts
Jess, I think it looks a lot better now. Now try to keep your hands out of that tank for a few days :funny:

·
the shutterbug mod!
2,394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
are you watching me? I was just getting ready to dive in! I need to tip the pipe organ a bit so it's more upright, and I was lucky to find the little frag off of that so I need to relocate him... then I was taking pics of rics and I can't see one so it needs to be moved... then...

·
the shutterbug mod!
2,394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
:banana::banana::banana::banana::banana: oh yea! dancin' naners! I don't use them much, but I think I've earned it today! :D

·
the shutterbug mod!
2,394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
here are some side shots, you can really see the difference! It's still not completely cleared up, but it was pretty stirred up yesterday and I'm surprised it's as clean as it is already. I also topped it off today...

Attachments

1 - 20 of 22 Posts