The Reef Tank banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Got Crabs?
5,526 Posts
I am here just figure that there are less concerns or problems with BB tanks than others :D

·
Registered
682 Posts
Me and my little acro crab friend are still alive.

Not much to talk about when things are going well.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Good point...

I forgot to tell all you guys... Got a green acro frag from a buddy here in town who has a spectatular 240 cube (you've seen it on RC's SPS forum) and it had red bugs ALL over it...

Luckly I had noticed it before it was put anywhere.

I might do an inteceptor treatment on the whole system just to make sure they are all dead, what do you think? The frag was only in the tank for an hour and atleast 2' away from any other coral in the tank. It was sitting in a frag tray up at the top corner of the tank.

·
Just some guy, you know?
22,649 Posts
Those bugs can make it a long way in a short time, I would nuke the whole tank to be sure if I was into trading.

If I was not going to be giving away or selling any corals for a few months I would wait it out and see if any pop up. They don't accually kill corals, and they are not any harder to irradacate once you have a bunch, rather than one or two, so I think it is worth the risk to hopefully save the acro crabs.

Whiskey

·
Registered
57 Posts
Hey, guys I am just along for the ride. I have been working quite a bit but everything in the tank is just moving along. I am still considering the FOWLER BB project. We have finally sold Lisa's house and so we have to combine her tank with my aggressives. Do I hear bigger tank in the near future? How is everyone else doing.

BTW I am still not getting good skimmate out of my EV120. I have added a new pump, jacked it up out of the sump,... I don't know, I am real close to just getting a different skimmer.

·
Registered
2,072 Posts
I'm here also, just working a lot! Reading a lot of posts, but so tired, its difficult to think and post...but I'm here too--like it matters, **** I'm pooped!

·
c.a.g. owner and operator
2,311 Posts
i'm still here ! just a day late and a dollar short as usual !

·
Registered
682 Posts
For me it’s the weather, but not in the way you might think.

I tend to do nothing but basic maintenance during the summer months because I’m concerned my tanks won’t survive hurricane season. In the last three years I’ve had to deal with hurricanes Frances, Jeanne, Dennis, Katrina and Wilma, along with three other extended power outages that occurred when the weather was clear.

When November 1st rolls around, I’ll start back in again. My next project will be to replace the power compact fixtures on my 155 with T5 retrofits, but I’m not going to spend any money on any new equipment (unless something breaks) or any new livestock for the next five months.

·
Registered
115 Posts
On my 2nd BB month - realizing that I kill wild colonies in my BB setup (I know, I know, I should never buy wild)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts