The Reef Tank banner
1 - 20 of 70 Posts

· My Username Sucks
2,121 Posts
Welcome to the saltwater hobby and TRT :D

I think you will like it here, this is a very friendly fourm with very nice , informative people :)

I love your freshwater tank! Is that a turtle in the back? What fish do you like to keep?

I will be following :)

· Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thank you, I think I will like it here too!! I've been looking at different threads and learning a lot for several months now.

It's a Mississippi Map turtle, He's 3 years old now! there is also a 13" plecostomus, 4" koi angel fish, 3 bala sharks, 1 glass cat, about 10 different tetras, 5 gourami's, 1 dojo loach, 1 viper shrimp, and a lot of guppies!

The turtle and angel are always begging for food!!

Attachments

· Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Okay, time for a big update!
I got a 29gallon at Petco's dollar a gallon sale, which will be my sump. Right now it's my get use to salt water and don't kill everything tank. I have some sand and about 40lbs. of live rock. I let it cycle for about 6 weeks and now there's 2 Kaudern's Cardinals in it. I'm doing my weekly water changes and testing.

The stand for my new 75 gallon is almost done, today I got my glass holes kit!!!! My wife helped me with the water, while I drilled the holes, then we got the overflow put together, it was a lot of fun. Now the back is painted black as well. I will have pics and a hole drilling video as soon as my stupid phone cooperates!

· Biggest Fishy
351 Posts
Okay, time for a big update!
I got a 29gallon at Petco's dollar a gallon sale, which will be my sump. Right now it's my get use to salt water and don't kill everything tank. I have some sand and about 40lbs. of live rock. I let it cycle for about 6 weeks and now there's 2 Kaudern's Cardinals in it. I'm doing my weekly water changes and testing.

The stand for my new 75 gallon is almost done, today I got my glass holes kit!!!! My wife helped me with the water, while I drilled the holes, then we got the overflow put together, it was a lot of fun. Now the back is painted black as well. I will have pics and a hole drilling video as soon as my stupid phone cooperates!
Cant wait to see your pics :thumbup:

1 - 20 of 70 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.