The Reef Tank banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know any online vendors that sell the new ES series from Euroreef, I have not been able to find them, and getting them at one of my LFS is out of the question.
Thanks,
Mike

·
Registered
61 Posts
try this guy: [email protected]. he sells blemished or factory refurbished ERs really cheap on Ebay. i'm not sure if he's connected to ER or not.

you should also know that ER prices are "manufacturer suggested" and you can get them cheaper. i got my ER for a good price from premiumaquatics.com.

hth,
jeff

p.s. have you looked at the ASM skimmers? if you're going the ES route, you should probably compare prices w/ the ASM models.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks for the replies, I am looking for the 8-2 which marinedepot doesn't carry. I have looked at the ASM's, are they really as good. It seems to me they are the same thing, but I have read on other boards that they are not as good as the real ERs.
Thanks,
Mike

·
Registered
61 Posts
i haven't seen ES 6 or 8 series anywhere yet. i've only seen the 5. i have a CS 8-2. the CS series are made out of a heavier duty acrylic (the thing feels bulletproof), while the ES is made out of a thinner, lighter acrylic.

the thinner, lighter acrylic is also what ASM skimmers are made of. so the only real difference between an ASM skimmer and an ES is the neck (ER uses a threaded union, while ASM is a slip). the only benefit i can think of for the union neck is if you have low clearance. the union neck slides right off, while i assume you'll have to lift up the ASM cup to disconnect it from the main body.

i'm really happy with my CS8-2. but, if i was looking at an ES8-2, i'd definitely take a closer look at getting an ASM.

·
Registered
585 Posts
Here's what I found out:

The ES 8 Series will NOT be offered from any on line vendors. The ES 8 series will only be sold to the LFS.

So, until they change their minds, the ES 8 series can only be found at the local stores. You can still get the ES5's just not the ES8's

This info is from several large on-line vendors.

·
Registered
585 Posts
update, I spoke with jennifer at euro-reef, and she has confirmed that the only ES series that will be available on line are the ES 5's.

You will need to contact your lfs to get the es 6's & 8's.

I asked her what happens in the lfs doesn't carry them or want to carry the, she said "have the customer contact us and we will just have to figure out how to deal with it."

So folks, you have your answers. there is no place on line that will be able to sell these units.

I would seriously recommend looking at the ASM's. They don't have near the restirctions as the euro nor are you restricted as to where you can purchase them or restrictions as to how many replacenet parts you can get in a year. **** near the same skimmer just my opinion

1 - 12 of 12 Posts