The Reef Tank banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What medications do you keep on hand?

Something for ick?....Some antibiotic?...Melafix?

What's in a good basic medicine cabinet?

·
Registered
2,113 Posts
I keep Aquazole and Copper for parasites and Hyroplex to dip new arrivals or sick fish! Although I'm looking forward to hearing what other people have to say!

·
Registered
645 Posts
UV and cleaner shrimp in the tank. Hydroplex in case I have to pull a fish to medicate. I put the fish into a QT and pull him out occaisonally for a dip. I don't use any medications in the QT, just really strong water quaility.

·
Banggai Mommy
2,395 Posts
Neosporin, hydrocortisone cream, Benadryl and Pepto-bismol.

...but those are for the reefkeepers (in association with the reef-keeping.)

Any fish antibiotics we had expired a long time ago. I think we probably have some old maracyn, and maybe copper. Malachite green, too, if I remember right. Needless to say, I don't keep any lying around. I'm more into prevention than treatment, and have cleaner shrimp in the tanks.

Danielle

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yes reef tank with fish

Anyone hear of Maracyn Plus...a new liquid. Not sure what the difference is between Maracyn, Maracyn II, and now Maracyn Plus.

Also, I hear Coppersafe is good. There is also Maracide, again, not sure how it's different from Coppersafe, though both are Mardel products.

·
Nemo's Chamber Boy
4,539 Posts
flatwormexit has been added to my medicine box recently. the worms are showing up in more and more lfs, and i have already had to dise my tank twice now.

i think i need to move to a pre dip for my corals and what not to help mitigate this problem though.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts