The Reef Tank banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if anyone is using the Eshopps wet/dry filter with the hang-on overflow or knows of anyone who has. Thinking about getting one for a new 120 I'm looking at getting. Thanks

·
Registered
279 Posts
If you are interested in the idea of a DIY sump you can stop down in Poynette and check out the one that Carym helped me build it was a lot cheeper than the 300 dollars. PM me if interested.

·
Registered
773 Posts
why not just get the tank drilled and then get a basic glass tank and silicone some inserts in there. Its a DIY sump, but getting the tank drilled is best method IMO.

·
Premium Member
2,769 Posts
Don't mean to stick my nose into your club forum, but unless this is for a fish only setup I would stay away from a wet/dry...they do a great job growing aerobic bacteria but that generally leads to a nitrate issue, which is bad for a reef.

·
Premium Member
3,275 Posts
Don't mean to stick my nose into your club forum, but unless this is for a fish only setup I would stay away from a wet/dry...they do a great job growing aerobic bacteria but that generally leads to a nitrate issue, which is bad for a reef.
+1

-Joe

1 - 6 of 6 Posts