The Reef Tank banner

eshopps psk-100H micro bubble problem

2K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  FutureDoc 
#1 ·
Hi i just purchased a new Eshopps PSK-100H Skimmer. After installing and turning it there is lots of micro bubbles that come out of it. Any sololution to fix this? Thanks in advance

#2 ·
Well, the Eshopps are not known for microbubble problems so I would chalk it up to it being a new skimmer that has yet to "break in". New skimmers are more prone to microbubbles than established skimmer and since this is a skimmer that normally does not have issues, I would lean towards that.

However, if the microbubbles persist make sure that the air-feed is unobstructed and completely open. Most microbubble issues are caused my too much water being forced through the skimmer and often in non-microbubble issue skimmers, it is the result of the air-feed being restricted.

#3 ·
Well, the Eshopps are not known for microbubble problems so I would chalk it up to it being a new skimmer that has yet to "break in". New skimmers are more prone to microbubbles than established skimmer and since this is a skimmer that normally does not have issues, I would lean towards that.

However, if the microbubbles persist make sure that the air-feed is unobstructed and completely open. Most microbubble issues are caused my too much water being forced through the skimmer and often in non-microbubble issue skimmers, it is the result of the air-feed being restricted.
Awesome thank you. After going through a lot of other threads on here I guess I should have waited about two weeks for break in period before posting.

#4 ·
No worries. :)

It is better to ask first anyway because if it was a common problem for the skimmer, then you might consider returning it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.