The Reef Tank banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My angel is loosing its color....any reason why? Eating normal and eveything. My flame angel is fine, could he be the problem? maybe territorial problems?

Brandon

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
still a juvenile, and im feeding it formula two, mysis, squid and brine shrimp. not all the same time of course, but it varies day to day. I mix the food with garlic also.

Brandon

·
I've got the REEF rash!
61,658 Posts
Geoff said:
could you post a pic? how long is the angel? it could be starting to change to adult colouration.

G~
I agree with Geoff.That's what it does as it start to change is 1st start to fade I grew 2 of them.Please post pics and feed him seaweed and romain lettuce,with all the other food your giving him.And ground your tank if you havn't yet!I saw a BIG difference when I did that!

·
Premium Member
18,603 Posts
Getting lighter colored probably changing to adult form.

·
Administrator
46,662 Posts
I forget which one, but they have a sponge based food for angels, Ocean Nutrition maybe, also I really recommend using Selcon to fortify food, esp if you feed frozen brine shrimp, its like popcorn, filling but not much nutrition there.
Hopefully you have a large tank to house this fish as it grows, they get large.

Keep in mind that when they undergo the change its an esp difficult time for them

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
when you said grounding the tank, do you mean electical wise? and why?

ill post a pic tomarrow.

it is in a 75, but im switching to a 300 or a 350 hopefully by either the end of summer or the end of year.

Brandon

·
Registered
2,758 Posts
reefman55 said:
when you said grounding the tank, do you mean electical wise? and why?

ill post a pic tomarrow.

it is in a 75, but im switching to a 300 or a 350 hopefully by either the end of summer or the end of year.

Brandon
well good because that type of fish i would say needs about 150 to 200 gallons of water miniumun.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts