The Reef Tank banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
help!!!!!! all of a sudden my ammonia is at 2.0 and my nitrates are at 40. i did do some cleaning a week ago and noticed my drip plate was not fully dripping over my bio balls so i cleaned the plate and now it trips over every ball. and i cleaned the polishing sponge in fresh water. may i be going through another cycle with the sponge being cleaned in fresh and not salt water and the bio balls not being used now are being used and have no culture on them yet? protein scimmer was also off for 2 days and was cleaned and working again.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
they have worked great for me for 2 years. maybe it in my head and its actualy the the protien skimmer doing the job but i figured if it aint boke dont fix it. now its broke.

·
Registered
4,612 Posts
Your tank has been mature for 2 years? I am trying to support you while we wait for the experts. HOPEFULLY THEY WILL BE HERE SOON

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
my test kit is about 2 years old. is there a time limit? the kit is aquarium pharmaceuticals saltwater master liquid test kit

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
i did have a monster mushroom learther coral start to go bad in the tank im trying to see if it will come back. may that be releasing toxins?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
no i did not confirm it cause it is 8:17 here and lps is closed. i just did the tests so i have to wait till tomarrow.

·
kid impersonator
3,840 Posts
I've got a test kit if your willing to brave the snow

when you going to join WRS?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
no i dont have any declor. and my fish are acting perfect as always. thank for the offer know it all but im in jammies all ready. im doing another test of the ammonia now. this time i rinsed the tube with hot water real good in case i forgot to do it before.

·
kid impersonator
3,840 Posts
no i dont have any declor. and my fish are acting perfect as always. thank for the offer know it all but im in jammies all ready. im doing another test of the ammonia now. this time i rinsed the tube with hot water real good in case i forgot to do it before.

me too,

rinse the bottle out with DI or RO/DI water instead
flush it out with tank water a couple time (along with the syrenge)
that should help the reading

anything change in the tank?
move stuff around?
big water change?

1 - 20 of 37 Posts