The Reef Tank banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Came home and see that my Purple Tangs has 1 very popped out eye, he is swimming and acting normal, what has happened?

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Definitely sounds like it I will start making water for the change in the QT and see what happens, I did clean off the sponge on my return pump so it is blowing harder, I will also close the valve some as it looks painful, I hope not, can it transfer to other fish in the tank, I have a puffer eel coral beauty and some corals

·
Registered
87 Posts
CT Reefer said:
Definitely sounds like it I will start making water for the change in the QT and see what happens, I did clean off the sponge on my return pump so it is blowing harder, I will also close the valve some as it looks painful, I hope not, can it transfer to other fish in the tank, I have a puffer eel coral beauty and some corals
uh...all in the same tank? not one of those is safe with coral. but if your not having a problem thats awesome. i love puffers. they are so friendly (to humans)

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
From what i read they are, and they have been in there for 2 months without bothering anything, I had a LTA but he was stinging and eating my fish and I lost over 700 worth livestock since the year that I have had him, he is in the QT right now and he is not doing well, so time to get him out and get rid of him as I need the tank anyway. I put him in the new tank and lost a blue hippo, coral beauty and a couple of Gobies that have diasppeared without a trace, I was thinking of calling the FBI but decided to take him out instead:)

·
Little fish in a big pond
5,916 Posts
Could be a mechanical injury that has developed a bacterial infection. I might watch and wait for a day or two if he's otherwise eating and behaving normally - if not, QT and broad spectrum antibiotics for 7-10 days - don't short-change the length of treatment or the bacterium may become resistant.

Hope you're able to fix him up - they are pretty tough.

Jenn

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Okay thanks, as of today he is still okay, pufy eye and all, I fed him nori soaked in garlic, him and my Puffer seem to like that. I will pardon the pun keep an eye on him :)

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Update, seems he must have scraped it or something as his eye is back to normal, i did feed him nori soaked in garlic and then mysis soaked in selcon, don't know if that is what helped or not, but doesn't matter he is BACK!!!!!!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts