The Reef Tank banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I seem to be killing my elegance coral, can anyone give me some help? I checked all the water conditions and they are good! Was not sure about placing him on the LV, But was told he will do fine their!

·
Administrator
18,762 Posts
In my experience they are much better off on the sand.

Tell us more about the tank please.

When you say conditions are good...what are the actual numbers?
How old is the tank?
How big?
What else is in it (corals and fish)?
What is the light?

There will probably be other questions but those are good to start.

·
The Engineer
99 Posts
elegance coral are as hard as goniopora flowerpot coral... which means they're impossible to keep alive for more than a year.

·
Registered
6,317 Posts
i agree with Steez, elegance are notorious for being a tough coral to keep alive.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Mine has been doing well, about centered in my sandbed under my 60w LEDs which is similar to being 20 inches below a 250w metal Halide, if you believe the manufacturer. It is under a steady flow that allows it to open without blowing wildly in the "wind". I try to feed it weekly which it quickly gobbles up. Hope that helps.

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
Well elegance corals come from the reef or from sand/mud and you can usually tell by looking at the bottom. Most of the time from mud because they are easier to harvest.

That being said they are not hardy corals. They used to be hardy and are now not and no one knows why.

Australian ones some say are hardier now and others say they are not.

They prefer medium light and medium current and like to be fed.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts