The Reef Tank banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Administrator
46,842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK having a brain [email protected]** here, I cant remember the folula for converting amps to volts. Heres my dilema, have a Sony Vaio laptop, the power supply is 19.5VDC @ 6.15 amps, will a 75 watt inverter run this so the kids can watch DVDs on the laptop on the road?
Thanks , leavin in a hr or so so need an answer quick, Thanks Guys :)

·
Registered
3,063 Posts
Watts = Amps x Volts
Watts / Amps = Volts
Watts / Volts = Amps
Ohms = Volts / Amps

I hope this helps

·
Registered
8 Posts
I think you're going to need a lot more than that.
My experience is that those power inverters are optimistic ratings. That's the max power rating for the device, not the optimal. If you operate at the max it will get too hot, and/or or fail randomly.

·
Administrator
46,842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thats OK Apperently I cant spell formula either, Jeez I can't believe they would pick such a wierd voltage 19.5 rater than 12 VDC :(
Its not my laptop, its my daughters as I am not going to go buy a 250 Inverter just for it,
Thanks for the info guys :)

·
Registered
3,063 Posts
just to let you know I purchased a 800 watt marine inverter from sams for 28.00

·
Administrator
46,842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I dont think we have Sams here, Wally World , but no Sams
Costco is in Medford, the other Direction

·
Super Moderator
22,142 Posts
Doug , you should luck out finding a suitable one,,,,,if not at one of the big box stores,,,,,i notice even in the Pepboys Auto Parts ads in the paper, they have 'em too,,,,

Randy , is that a wirehaired Doxie you have in your avatar?
I'll be darned if yours don't exactly like one of ours (we have 4) Mini Doxies here! Even that look from the eyes,,,,,LOL. I'll have to find a pic of our lil girl here, and post it, so we can compare,,,,,,it's like they say, you have a exact twin somewhere in the world, looks like it works fer dogs , too! :agree:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts