My first saltwater tank, 29 gallons

Which led to a 75 gallon

My dorm room

The contents of the 29 transferred over

My ro/di

·
Registered
932 Posts
Its amazing how far we come when we first start out. Great looking setup.

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
looks nice. where did you go to get your stock...... by the way what hall are you in. It looks like my old one..... :) oh wait they all looked the same.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Most of everything came from saltwaterfish.com or world of fis. The clam, frogspawn and gsp came from animal house pets. The two clowns came from petco when I first started my 29 gallon a year ago. A cleaner and peppermint shrimp from Tropic. I live in Fleming Hall.

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Hi Jordan :wavey:

Very nice setup you have. It was nicer to see in person, though! How the heck do you get such nice pics with a phone???

·
Premium Member
3,275 Posts
its a long tentacled anemone, the iphone takes good fish tank pics
Keep an eye on the LTA. I had a purple LTA that decided one day to float around my aquarium all over the rocks and everything. I had it sectioned off in a corner (where I didn't even think it COULD get out of) of my tank for months before it started taking a road trip. Luckily I had little in my tank as far as my sps frags, so there was no damage. But with a tank full of corals, trouble could come quickly if the anemone decides to start roaming some day.

The iPhone sure does take good pictures; I use my 3G all the time for that, especially when I was at the aquarium in Gatlinburg, TN. Shame that we have 3G down here in Johnson City, TN, since I'll miss it when I move back to Eau Claire at the end of the month. Oh well, 3G will get to Eau Claire...eventually...

-Joe

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Wow. What a difference! Looks great. Everything looks real happy. :)

Next time you're heading this way, you'll have to pop in and see how your skimmer is doing its job on my tank.

Jen

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
looks nice. Question though. Are you comfortable haveing the xbox that close to the tank(moisture and all)?

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
looks nice. Question though. Are you comfortable haveing the xbox that close to the tank(moisture and all)?
I would say I'm pretty comfortable where its at, just an excuse to get a new one with. Just joking, I crack my window a bit and the humidity in the room doesn't get too bad, when I have an air conditioner going it stays nice. If I have my door shut and window shut, it can get pretty humid. But I usually have my door open and window cracked an 1/8 inch.

I worry more about the tv, speakers and reciever getting wet in a flood. Thats a little harder to replace than a $200 xbox.

Heres a video of my room.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts