Votes: 0 0.0%
  • AUGUST 8TH

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

· THE VILLAGE IDIOT
2,626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
ECRC meeting poll

NOT SURE WHAT YALL GOT IN THE PLANNING YET BUT......

hey guys....i guess since no one is throwing anything out for us a meeting i will........

im thinkin mid-late july so that the LARK campout and the frag swap is outa the way.....

im putting up a poll to see what dates would work and who would be interested in it....

by this time of year we'll be able to get out onto my deck and grill out and all and have room foreveryone.....

let me know...if the dates dont work or think about a different month like june...please post up.....

THE WEEKEND OF JUNE 27TH and july 25th IS A NO GO FOR US SINCE THIS IS COUNTRY/ROCK FEST WEEKENDS and kim works out there with lennie and tracy.....

thanks

· Premium Member
3,275 Posts
DJ,

I had originally wanted to host July for ECRC, but my summer is really getting busy quickly, so it's cool for you to host it. I can make any of those dates work, I'm sure, so I'm going to let others try to narrow it down.

Was someone wanting to host in September? I don't remember, since it's been a while since ECRC meeting dates and such have been discussed. If nobody wants or has already claimed Sept, I'll do it.

-Joe

· Premium Member
3,275 Posts
Also, it's probably best to have those of us in the EC area pick the meeting date and then invite LARK once we have the date confirmed, since it probably won't be more than a few die-hards from LARK coming up to EC for a meeting. I'm fine with LARK members saying they want to come and what date(s) works best, but calling it an ECRC/LARK meeting may be like stirring up a hornets' nest. lol And I'd rather keep those old wounds scabbed over than re-open them... LARK is so huge that us from ECRC come down to join the fun, but I don't think too many will do the reverse, since ECRC is pretty tame compared to the La Crosse area.

Anyway... There's still a June LARK meeting as far as I know, so I'm waiting for the details of that to be hammered out before I worry too much about a July ECRC meeting. :) But, DJ, I understand you wanting to know the date ahead of time as much as you can...

-Joe

· THE VILLAGE IDIOT
2,626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ya joe thats why i posted in both sections.....i mean what ever the majority ECRC members vote on would of course be the date.....but would like to know what would work for LARK as well to get the few from there that always come up.....

AND AS ALWAYS.....all LARK members are invited.........i know what ya mean about old wounds....wasnt trying to take away from LARK sorry if it seemed that way guys....

· Registered
1,693 Posts
I must say that there was a nice turn out from the Lark guys that came up last year. I think it was about 15-20.

· THE VILLAGE IDIOT
2,626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ya i remember there was a good bit of guys that came up last year......LAX,winona,river falls, and didnt marys husband come from the cities? cant remember his name.....

i know us EC guys arent as interesting as yall but come on LARKERS give us some idea of what would work for yall.......id like to be able to colaborate(SP) here so that yall have the chance to come up again.......

· Premium Member
3,275 Posts
I thought LARK was trying to keep the meetings bi-monthly, meaning a June meeting and then one in August. That was why I was hoping to have an ECRC meeting up here in September. This whole two clubs and nobody wanting to drive very far very often thing is kind of frustrating... lol

-Joe

· THE VILLAGE IDIOT
2,626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
see i forgot all about the lark campout.........thats why i posted that here just to get an idea of what would work on YALLS schedule.......

i guess ECRC is just destined to have whenever meetings since there isnt that many of us......i thinkits been a year since our last meeting and i believe if it wasnt for chuck and aaron there wouldnt of been one then....

· THE VILLAGE IDIOT
2,626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
ya i know what you mean cary....but the reason i posted it here is the fact that ecrc doesnt have enuff members to substain a meeting....IMO....i mean it would be nice for us 6 members to get together but its nicer when some of the lark members can come up as well....

ive been to EVERY lark meeting since i joined this site just due to the fact we dont have enuff members to get meetings goin...or at least didnt untill recently.....

but like i said i just wanted to get a feel for what yall had goin on compared to what ever ecrc comes up with and maybe we can get something lined out that works out for us and yall....

· Premium Member
1,384 Posts
Personally, I think it is a good idea to have a meeting up in EC to keep members up there involved. LARK members can make it up there at least once a year since you guys come down here most of the other meetings. There was a lot of people from both LARK and TCMAS that attended the meeting at Chuck and Aaron's, plus some of us got to meet some new people from the EC area. I think one of the biggest issues we are having right now is that there are so many new people that want to show off their tanks that there is getting to be a long waiting list for potential host locations. Everyone needs to be patient and wait their turn. Trust me. We will get around to having a meeting at everyone's place that wants to host.

· L.A.R.K. Plumbing Guru
2,296 Posts
ya i remember there was a good bit of guys that came up last year......LAX,winona,river falls, and didnt marys husband come from the cities? cant remember his name.....

i know us EC guys arent as interesting as yall but come on LARKERS give us some idea of what would work for yall.......id like to be able to colaborate(SP) here so that yall have the chance to come up again.......
Dustin is Mary's husbands name and yes he was there trading the pieces that Mary was selling to everyone as she was in Georgia that weekend. There were also a few guys from Wi Rapids that came to the ECRC meeting... So, don't sell us short here... We might have to car pool but you would get more people than you think from down south lol.

Jason

· Premium Member
1,384 Posts
Many people don't want to commit to dates very far out during the summer months because of vacations, traveling, etc... which is why, if you've seen how many people attend LARK meetings, the meetings are usually larger during the winter months (up until out mass influx of members). As for myself, I know the weekends of July 11th & 17th are already booked, but I think the following two weekends are still open.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.