The Reef Tank banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After the gloomy day, I just remembered that this was three weeks ago. :cool:

What a feast. :drool:

Grilled Wahoo...Awesome fight. I'm 6'1" and it's tail is just above my ankle. We didn't have a tape measure (We fish with a local guy so no belts or chairs either.)

·
Registered
408 Posts
nice dude........i caught a sea bass that was about half that size and it weighed 30 ish lbs.

·
Registered
3,460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It was really heavy. It was all I could do to keep it a safe distance from my face and still hold it off the ground. My guess was about 50 pounds or so. Wahoo are pretty risky to hold up like that after a fresh catch. You have to clamp down with everything you have. And after gaffeing and getting it under control I was pretty happy to be able to catch it.

I think Stan had a good day of fishing not to long ago as well....:dance:

·
Registered
3,460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
We put it on the barby. More steak like than fish. Really good flavor on the grill.

Thanks Li. :)

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
NICE!! Wish you would of shared some of those steaks! hee hee I bet that one was a fun fight.

·
TCMAS MEMBER
1,153 Posts
nice!

my father caught a blue marlin 2 months ago, 10 feet, 323 lbs, etc

was a fun fight he told me, cant wait till sunday fishing opener, but we cant wait till the bass season starts.

we offically got sponsored by Starkey Lab Inc as a Pro in the Silverado Pro Bass Tournment this year. less than a month to go for the first tournament - hope my father does good this year.

·
Land Shark
5,946 Posts
Clyde, that seems like a fitting sponsor for you guys. :)

I can't wait until I can make it out fishing. Won't be this weekend, as the wifey pooh has to work and the kids are too young to take out on my little boat. :(

·
Registered
3,460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
otolith said:

I can't wait until I can make it out fishing. Won't be this weekend, as the wifey pooh has to work and the kids are too young to take out on my little boat. :(
If it were nice out it would be one thing, but with this gloomy weather, I'd rather be working so I can maybe get some extra time off when the weather is nice. We go to Leech for a week every year, my parents lived there for a while when they first got married so they know the area lakes. I hope the weather is nice then. :beer:

·
TCMAS MEMBER
1,153 Posts
grin, at least I dont have to get a fitting, and new system (current is a Oticon, Digital II superpower)

prolly when we start winning some big ones - you might have to go and swap companies ?

We were to go to our cabin up at Babbit (Birch Lake, Aikio Island)

google earth, Pointer 47 44'11.60 N 91 55'44.50W (google earth is my favorite playtime program)

only island in the area that has cabins on em, Deer Island and EagleNest/Point is in Superior National Forest, actually our cabin, in the back part of cabin is in Superior National Forest - heck our outhouse is in there too (yup no running water, electricity, bathroom, TV, etc)

guess we'll go in 2 weeks, Rain here, drive 4 hours, arrive unload car, load boat, make 2-3 trips to Island and back all in the rain

ugh - come on - sun come out!

otolith said:

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
it wasn't the trout opener but this weather was much more conducive to catching them than walleye...my buddy and i got about 30 beautiful brookies this morning. nothing big but i'm glad we braved the elements. anyone else have any luck?

tico-nice fish!

clyde-good to see you back here!
tg

1 - 13 of 13 Posts