The Reef Tank banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Administrator
19,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good morning All, and HAPPY THURSDAY!
Up a wee early for no other reason than I am......oh well.

Coffee is going, and some CC cookies for our morning crumb allowance.
Winds are supposed to be a none issue today round here, and have a back load of work because of that should keep up running today. Chance of wetness tomorrow and Saturday should add to that.

Let's hope grooviness prevails,
Hack

·
Super Moderator
Red Tiger Oscars and Cichlids
1,245 Posts
Mornin Hack. Sunny and perfect here at the moment. Looking to get up around 79F this afternoon - a tad warmer than expected. Back to a more seasonal 60's next week. Good luck with the back log, I hope it celars with little drama.

·
Super Moderator
Fry Daddy! Multiple tanks, reef, seahorse
27,609 Posts
Good morning Hack, Rick and all of the TRT family,

Coffee is ready ,

Rain in our forecast starting today and and until Monday.

Yesterday was yard work in back yard. Overgrown and the first time I I edged along the fence and house this year. Still plenty of work left. Moved the boat to front driveway to clean.,

Have a great day

·
Super Moderator
28,085 Posts
Good mawnin’, Hack, Rick, Vinnie and all of TRT!

thanks for the coffee and chocolate chip cookies, Hack! I’ll fill in the blanks with nanners a variety of cereals, and big muffins.
Good to hear that you won’t be battling Highwinds at the creek. But now you get to catch up. 🤪 I’m sure you will make that job groovy.

Rick, that kind of heat way up there can be choking. Do you have plenty of AC at work and at home?

Jeff - Oh yeah Herbie and Stewey will win the hearts of the humans that meet them. They sure are cute boys! Keep on posting photos of all your critters!
How are you liking the windows that you Blyth had replaced? Surely they made a difference and your comfort.

Doug - Fergee and you are made for each other. she’s a real beauty.

Vinnie what’s on your plate for today besides taking care of your seahorse fry? You hopped in while I was scribbling out my message. 😉

Yesterday afternoon I spent two hours trying to get wheelchair access at the airports. I don’t use a wheelchair here, but at an airport, that will be a necessity. I talked to TSA agent of some sort to find out what I needed to do to make the TSA checkpoint easier for me. She was kind and very helpful and emailed me a form that I needed to fill out. At this point i’m a little bit antsy about the trip. But I guess that’s to be expected.

on with the day. Everybody had a groovy one.

Lots of love and hugs and peace to everyone!

·
Super Moderator
Red Tiger Oscars and Cichlids
1,245 Posts
Rick, that kind of heat way up there can be choking. Do you have plenty of AC at work and at home?
Yeah Cath. It isn't really that bad as the humidity is not high yet. The problem here is that my wife is experiencing some really bad hot flashes at the moment and my window for sticking her outside to cool her off is closing quickly. I best get that pool liner ordered as that is our only hope for the summer.

·
Administrator
48,484 Posts
Morning Gang 41 heading to 52 or so , rain in the mix, supposed to hit 70s this weekend , I can mow and wack weeds.
Last shift this week unless something comes up. Not sure what else is in store. Lady Friend has an eye appt tomorrow afternooon and a furniture delivery that need signed for. Need to figure that out.
The pup is getting bigger and cuter every day. Cath that sounds like a hassle, does airport have loaner chairs or do you have to provide. Hope the day treats you all well.

·
Super Moderator
22,602 Posts
Afternoon all,

Just back from tax place in town ( I know, late , but have a couple excuse /reason cards to play to cover)
Breaking “even” would have been a big win , with the crazy year it’s been with Blyth passing coming up on a yr soon.
Owed a couple hundred to Hoosier state,, but getting a nice big chunk back from da feds. 🤯👍🏼.
Expected the worst, nice it was turned around.

Cath, windows n doors made a big difference over the original equipment ones,,, tho Dexter the Doxie is protesting he can’t sun himself in the bay window like he used to, way less heat from da sun making its way in.

Now that the “what if” weight is lifted, the day and immediate future looks rosier and not a dent in the bank book . So whatever it is I end up doing the rest of the day, there will likely be a smile on this OFR’s mug.

New fosters Stewy and Herbie were SILENT last nite at bedtime,,,, 👍🏼. And after a few days here they go in their crate when I tell the resident pack “house” to get in theirs . Quick learners these two . After a upcoming vet visit for blood work and dentals, they oughta be green lit for being adoptable status, and from what I’ve seen they should find forever homes quick. The rescue posted a pic of them with a short bio ( adoptable after vet/dentals) and so far a lot of interest and “so sweet looking fellas” comments.

a bit breezy but sunny n warm (80’s) today,,, might put in some outdoor efforts 🤔🤷🏻‍♂️.

Hope everyone is having a great day!

·
Super Moderator
27,609 Posts
Good afternoon all,

Too hot to work outside, have to wait til clouds move in to continue. I’m sore from cutting stray trees down. They just seem to pop up and I let them go . Nothing really big maybe 10 12 feet the tallest. I also have wild elderberries growing all over the place. The ditch behind my fence is my property and I will have to cut them down . We don’t cook with them but have made tea.

·
Administrator
19,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Been remiss as of late with my evening 'check ins'......I'LL FIX THAT!

Nicest day day of the week(supposedly)......since last Friday.....mild wind 20-25mph, and 'sunny skies' WEREN'T! Drizzeled and spit all day. Tomorrow and Saturday are supposed to be the rainy ones. Just not a good week/weekend'S for boating round here.
(1) Boss and (2) customers have COVID! Boss has been out 2 days now, and just told me this morning it was with Capt'n Trips. So back to the huddles, and no Grandbabies. :mad::(

Got home from work and 'sterilized', made some sandwiches and played a game with the Family. No my window of opportunity to chat.

BUT other than weather and COVID, life is cotton candy and snow cones!(y)
Vinnie.....MAN better slow down.....You's starting to sound a bit ......:unsure:......crazy/hectic/arms full.....

Hope things go without a hitch Cath.....sounds like you made positive progress with the airport.(y)

Hmmmmmm.....oh PerrY?
A frosted Cherry Pop Tart is sharing a glass of milk with me. Hope a really nice evening is embracing All,
Hack

·
Super Moderator
28,085 Posts
Good evening, friends!

Lots tp read in today’s thread

Yeah Cath. It isn't really that bad as the humidity is not high yet. The problem here is that my wife is experiencing some really bad hot flashes at the moment and my window for sticking her outside to cool her off is closing quickly. I best get that pool liner ordered as that is our only hope for the summer.
Yikes! Sorry to hear about your wife’s severe hot flashes. Good that you have a plan in the works to help her out.

Doug - You got that right about the airport folderol. Most airports do have wheelchairs available for passengers that need them. In fact, when I get this all worked out for staff person from the airline will wheel me around.
Hope all that scheduling stuff works out for your lady friend.

Jeff - Good stuff on getting 💵💵 back from IRS!
Glad to hear that those windows payed off for you!.

Good afternoon all,

Too hot to work outside, have to wait til clouds move in to continue. I’m sore from cutting stray trees down. They just seem to pop up and I let them go . Nothing really big maybe 10 12 feet the tallest. I also have wild elderberries growing all over the place. The ditch behind my fence is my property and I will have to cut them down . We don’t cook with them but have made tea.
Elderberries! Who here remembers the comedy play Arsenic and Old Lace? The two old spinsters poisoned men with arsenic-laced elderberry wine? There is some trivia for you,Hack.

That’s good lead in for my next topic. Hack - pleasant weather today. Boooo with Covid rearing it’s ugly head at work again. Might as well hunker down and enjoy some games with your family since you are showered and sanitized.

I’ve been wondering about Perry too. Is it time to call out the rescue squad?

Other than that, everyone make it a groovy evening

·
Administrator
19,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Elderberries! Who here remembers the comedy play Arsenic and Old Lace? The two old spinsters poisoned men with arsenic-laced elderberry wine? There is some trivia for you,Hack.
One of my ALL TIME FAVORITES Cath! Carry Grant being one of my favorite actors to begin with, but his 'expressions' trying to keep those two in check was a real pant wetter. (y)
Hack

·
Super Moderator
27,609 Posts
Good evening, friends!

Lots tp read in today’s thread

So they say,you can’t eat uncooked. I don’t think they will kill you , but make you sick. People here make tea and jam’s with them.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts