The Reef Tank banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

· Administrator
20,535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
.....there was.....
("Put a pin in this.")

Good morning TRT Folks and HAPPY SUNDAY!
As always tons of FREE coffee to pass around and confidence is hight there'll be an assortment of food to virtually share.

51F heading way up to 53 latter, with sprinkles at this particular juncture in time. Cooler days and COLD over nights begin to roll in come tomorrow.....with 40's for highs and in the 20's at night.

There's a store or 2-3 in our future today, as well as discussions for FUN STUFF.

Open the windows and let the peace in.....or close them fast and keep the nuttiness out,
Hack :p

· Administrator
20,535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
.....there was.....
("Put a pin in this.")
Once upon a time Helen started a POPULAR thread down in M'Ville where She'd start an open ended story, and everyone was invited to chime in and add one sentence at a time, and watch this story unfold.
Her's was a tale of 'the sea'.
At a point She and I tried to do a PART II, but never really gained any momentum.

But was thinking there's times when we turn 'chatty' on here, and others when we feel chatty but no one else does, that we could have an 'open ended tale' that could be added to at everyone's convenience. A story where no one knows where it's headed, even though the initial part the author may have something in their mind. JUST A THUNK. :unsure: :cool:

And at the moment, with only my 2nd cup of joe lubricating the old grey matter I can't say I have anything in particular up my sleeve.
Hack

.......:unsure:.......THIS could even be a part of our 'CHAT'?

· Super Moderator
Red Tiger Oscars and Cichlids
1,804 Posts
Mornin Skipper. Back at work this morning and looking like a Sunday for sure. I have to get my football picks in for this afternoon and a couple other pressing Sunday morning office tasks like clearing approval queues and hunting bad guys, then I wait it out till I can sneak out of here. Liza is making roast beast today and I am really hoping for Yorkshire pudding! We will see, it isn't a deal breaker by any means.

Made a ton of progress on the tank yesterday. I will post the updates in in that thread.

The never ending story has been a popular thread on a few sites I know of. Given the regulars on this site it should be fun.

Have a great day all!

· Super Moderator
35,704 Posts
Good mawnin’, Hack, Rick, and all of TRT!

Thanks for the coffee, friend! We got you beat on the temps. It’s 39 here and reach your high temp of 53. I’m voting for buttermilk pancakes with Canadian maple syrup, stewed apples and other good fixings to go along with it. I bet Nate would like to make some bacon.
I used to follow Helen a great deal, but don’t remember that on Margaritaville. But, if you get it going, I’ll hop on in.

Hmmmm… I don’t remember you telling us about your day at work yesterday. If you did, it’s evaporated from my noggin

By the way, I think we need to keep the windows closed keep the nuttiness inside. Nuttiness is very close to grooviness. In fact I think it’s a main ingredient.

Rick! It’s good to see you. I knew you were super busy with your tank project the past few days. You need to get your hotel gig out of the way so you can have more fun this afternoon.

It’s time for me to get my grooviness going. Got to get ready for church.

Lots of love and hugs and peace to everyone!

· Retired Wanderer
22,598 Posts
Morning Rick and Hack.

Got Dunkin' Donuts coffee here. As the only coffee drinker in the house I can get something tastier next trip to the store.

I'll be in San Diego next weekend, then it is Thanksgiving, so my roommate Laura wants to put up her tree today. It is a 9' behemoth, which is way too huge for Noob Manor. No problem though. She is an interior decorator, so I am sure it will be fancy.

Looking forward to starting my new gig tomorrow.

It is 33 with snowflakes out. Getting a little chilly.

· Administrator
20,535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Top of the morning Pal! 'Roast beast' is always a no brainer.......can't say i ever had....and more than likely NEVER WILL have Yorkshire Pudding. But roast beef with the trimmings I could never bring myself to saying no to.

The 'tale telling' is cool when it's rolling....but tough to get it rolling. Folks ain't sure how to approach it. Cocktails seem to help. :ROFLMAO:

Christmas Tree.....Y'All win! With WallyMart sporting continuous Christmas music starting last week, I've been on the look out to see the first tree on someone's car roof this year.

Cath, yesterday was.....ummmmm..:unsure: 'interesting'.

Dead battery.....jumper cable time turned into Swiss cheese.....21st century stereo instructions to jump start a car.....company......a trip to the bakery......yeah, down right interesting.
OH....there's tons of doughnuts, danish and cinnamon buns to pass around.
Hack

· Administrator
20,535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
......and speaking of Christmas.....

Part of today's 'out there' involves a trip to the sporting good store, Dick's in this instance.....but probably won't buy from them, rather than just look.....as to where we're not seeing eye to eye because of their philosophy.

But it's time to upgrade our gym.....which is well equipped as it is. But our Son is a growing boy, who's needs can't be satisfied simply with the 'usual'. It's time to replace/augment our free weights with 'Olympic weights' as well as a safety cage. Our universal is fine, but the 'garage quality' standard weight set is wanting.....need the 'BIG MAN'S' section now.
Hack

· Super Moderator
Fry Daddy! Multiple tanks, reef, seahorse
33,748 Posts
Good Morning everyone.

It a cool 39 here and only getting up to about 56 today. Too chilly for me to sit out on the patio for my first cup of coffee.
Shelby is probably freezing because she went camping this weekend and the low last night was about 32 where she is. I know when Kristine and I used to tent camp before the kids we did some cold weather camping . But I Don think I would do it now.
Have a great day
Water Northern Seahorse Plant Syngnathiformes Seahorse

· Super Moderator
1,804 Posts
Mornin Perry & Cath! We were supposed to get an inch of snow here last night Perry. It showed up as rain so far. I do enjoy a nice snow fall on a Sunday afternoon though.

Hack with all the side fixins you guys are famous for from corn bread to biscuits I am suprised you aren't all about the Yorkshire pudding. I think they are called more commonly popovers down there.

With the 125g reef set up I have a 75g tank that will need something to do. I really like that seahorse Vinnie! How much is it with shipping? :ROFLMAO:

· Super Moderator
24,430 Posts
Morning all,
Coffee and oatmeat to offer this morning ,,, after being outside a bit I shoulda went with B&G,,, brrr.
It’s all in yer brain ( my story 🤪) .Lifers from the Keys would freeze solid if they had to be in 50 degree temps,,, and the same 45 degrees around here is either cold or decent based on if it’s fall or spring. Survival jackets on in the 45 degree fall,,, shorts and convertible tops down in the same temps in the spring. Either way , I gotta adapt into “its mid November in HoosierLand” season shift.

Found out I have my gumpshun tank topped off, so running with it . Air cleaner in the living room taken out to the shop, pre and main filter blow’d out and brought back in. Pole barn woodburner started up and stoked,,, will let that get ta warming the barn up before I spend a bit of time out there.
Spotlight chore for the day is to round up the last of the auction fodder boxes n bins here into the truck and take em to mom’s garage for staging/storage.
Still have the attached garage full of antiques and early furniture etc to at some point to get to the auction house . Since winter is a comin’ and the auction house dude has been ghosting me ,, looks like early spring the mine/mom’s auction will happen 🤞🏻🙏.

And whatever else my brain informs me I have to do today will base on my back n bod keeping in touch with my brain as to what the day will end up like.

Back to “work”,

Hope everyone had a great one!👍🏼

· Super Moderator
1,804 Posts
Mornin Jeff & Doug. Oh you raise a good point Doug. I wonder if this is a crock pot or oven roast beast. She is off today so I may see the full oven variety. If it is crock pot I am gonna say Yorkshire pudding is less likely. Hmmmm. I wonder if we have horse radish...oh, and rum...

· Administrator
20,535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

· Administrator
20,535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
......SNOW? OK, 1st Christmas trees and first 'laying' snow of the season....a banner day round here! THANKS for sharing. (y)

Stopped at Dick's.....and seen 'stuff' I like/want.....but will drag my feet, and look elsewhere to spend my hard earned money.
As I suspected....:unsure: there's a decimal point shift to the right between 'olympic' weights, and department store weights. That's why you test your resolve with the cheaper ones first before making a 'capital expenditure'. :p And actually the 'weights', though pricier, only because the standard package of them is in the 300 lb. range vs the the 110 lbs of the entry level sets. It's the bench, stand, and safety cages that UP THE ANTY! You can't use your old equipment due to the larger length of the bars.

Did I mention by the way with all this talk of the gym that I seem to have tore a muscle in my right arm involving my elbow I seem to recall of having damaged a year'ish or so ago?
After about a week of knowing something hurt, I did go to URGENT CARE who verified it wasn't a broken/dislocated elbow/arm, but muscle in nature that don't show up in an XRAY. You need to go to an Orthopedic surgeon and get this script for pain pills filled....uhhhh, NO. Can anyone here picture me trying to reach the finish line of this season over the next month in a cast or whatever they get paid to do? I'll get back to this conversation Doc in January. 'How boat the pain pills?'. I have 'boatyard candy to hold me off.

So yeah, I'm being 'careful' out in the gym and at work....sorta.:rolleyes: When I catch myself making a 'screeching' sound, I alter my motion/effort.
Hack

· Retired Wanderer
22,598 Posts
Your turn for Vitamin I Hack. I am hopefully going to stay off the stuff for a while.

Reactions: Tinsnips

· Administrator
20,535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Bro.....I've soooo tried to ween off that stuff. It was right up there with vitamin C("Coffee that is.") for keeping me going. As soon as I get off the GOT-TO-HAVE-IT FREEWAY, another holly crud shows up.
Hack

1 - 20 of 29 Posts