The Reef Tank banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My tank is over a year old, and 12 gallons I do weekly 3 gallon water changes and I just tested my water a few days ago, pH 8.0, ammonia 0, nitrites 0, nitrates 0. I am using the API kit, which I don't completely trust, because if I take my water to the lfs they say my pH is a little higher and "fine". Also, I am using a cheap hydrometer, which I also don't trust and my sg is around 1.030. I know that sounds high but when the lfs tests my water with their nice digital thingy, it is lower and "fine". I would invest in better equipment, but I have a 12 gallon tank, a newborn and no job, so . . .

I have had this frogspawn for about a month or so and it had three heads that would open up fully every day. About a week ago it stopped opening up as much, then it pooped, and now one of the heads is dead. Also, I had a beautiful Alveopora that croaked over night. the Alveopora was in the middle, on top of the live rock, between the ricordea and the zoas/green star polyps. I assumed that the ricordea killed it because of their close proximity and the speedy death.

I am cleaning the tank tomorrow and I think I'm going to try moving the frogspawn. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to save it? Where should I put it? Why is it dying? What can I do?

I will post a picture in a minute, but first I have to figure out how. ;):banana:

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·

Ok, here is a really bad snapshot of my tank at 11pm, after the lights have been out for a little bit. The ricordea is usually about twice this size, but it is on it's way to bed. The frogspawn, however, looks like this during the day. The dead stalk is on the back side of it, so you can't see it. Pardon the sun corals, they have their mouths full. :p

1 - 2 of 2 Posts