The Reef Tank banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have watched my emerald crab lying on it's back for two days now. I take it he's dying. I don't know why. I keep trying to flip him back onto his legs and he just ends up on his back.
I can't find my redcap goby in the tank anywhere. Would the emerald crab have ate it and be dying because of this?

·
Stinky Slimey FEESH
2,718 Posts
I have never known an emerald crab to eat any fish that was alive. Could your goby possibly be dead? If the crab is having problems I would check all your water parameters, especially pH, Phosphate, Ammonia and salinity. In my experience the Emerald Crabs are pretty hardy guys....I'm sorry I can't help more - -

HHC

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i haven't added anything new to the tank, just the redcap goby, in over a month. just did a water change - will check the parameters in a while.

i've had the emerald crab for about 5 months. i've never had any problems with him. i don't know why the redcap goby died, or where his carcass is. if the emerald crab ate what was left of him, would it make him sick?

·
Stinky Slimey FEESH
2,718 Posts
No, the dying or dead goby would not make the crab sick....I would check water parameters......

HHC

1 - 5 of 5 Posts