The Reef Tank banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So what are the rules for lack of a better term around mixing different species of dwarf angels. I'm just kind of curious, I remember reading a post a while ago from a guy who had several together and everybody kinda lambasted him. Is that the general consensus? Just don't do it? I have a Coral Beauty and he's a jerk to everyone, so I would think if they are all like him then it would just be constant domination bouts. What do I know though.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Pesky Angels

So with caution, depending on the particular individuals? Mine is a real A-hole so I'm guessing he wouldn't do well with others. If you had two semi-peaceful individuals they might get along? Doesn't matter on the species? I only have a 90 so I really have no intention of mixing I was just curious. No such thing as a stupid question right? I also noticed that they call Coral Beauty an omnivore, yet mine has never touched a veggie eats strictly meat.

·
Registered
826 Posts
My buddy has had several angels, queen, emperor, and several others in one tank.......but that was 1200 gallons and 12 feet wide!! Maybe to dwarf angels in a good size tank and both introduced at the same time. But if your coral beauty is already aggressive, it will probably kill even a bigger angel. Had a great one for like 3 years but thought he was eating corals so traded him in. Unfortunately he wasn't, wish I kept him.

·
Registered
826 Posts
Not dwarfs but since we are talking about sevral angels in a tank, here is my buddies tank.

·
Registered
826 Posts
Tank is definitely over stocked but his filtration is crazy. 5 foot long wet/dry filled with bioballs, two 100 gallon tanks filled with live rock, UV, 5 foot tall tube sand filter and all run by two Hayward pool pumps. Worst part is they were away for Hurricane Sandy and something happened to his generator. His power was out over a week and tank crashed. Only a hand full survived. But he had that stock for years like the video. Still has the big queen angel and a few others.

·
Just Another Reefer
581 Posts
I have a 7" Queen angel and 2" Flame angel in 180 gallon FOWLR tank for about 18 months now. I have tried mixing different types of Dwarfs and Large Angels. It's a crap shoot as to how well they can coexist. My Queen angel keeps my PITA Hippo tang in check, never bothers the Fame angel so I'm happy.

:cool:
Doug

·
Active Anemone
1,664 Posts
I used to have a dwarf with a large angel with no issues. But the angel family is pretty stubborn. I wasnt able to add fish into my 90 because my harlequin would bully them to death. I threw a potter angel in a couple weeks ago and wow does the harlequin leave him alone ha. He is actually afraid of him and he is 4x smaller then the tusk.

Id say mixing them may cause some issues because 1 will have to be the dominant. Now when i mixed the large with the dwarf it was fine because the dwarf was a coral beauty. She was super nice to the point of letting a tang or foxface bully her.

My potter seems to be a little more on the mean side but funny he leaves everyone else alone but the tusk.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.