The Reef Tank banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just thought i'd start a thread in case anyone was curious about changing out my dsb and totally remodeling my stand and canopy, and changing my aquascaping.i'm doing this for a couple of reasons the sand bed i've done tons of reading on and have decided it's what best for my tank at the moment , the stand remodeling is to give me some much needed space . [ tank is located in the living room. and the aquascaping is mostly for something different ,getting bored of the wall look.

i started the stand this morning at have it built and primered now and will get to painting it this week , at the moment i'm planning for the change over either this weekend or next.

i thought i'd add a few pics.
this is tank and stand as it is now

Attachments

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
just wondering if anyone has used one of those kiddie pools for changing tanks , was wondering if anyone knew how many gallons they hold . I was thinking of filling one and putting all of my rock and coral in there for a day or two while i did the switch .

also am looking for some real origanal ideas on aquscaping , i have a few ideas but some of you have done great job on it and would like to see some pics of something different. i'm trying to create a more open look as aposed to the wall look i've had for ever .

thanks -Russ

·
Registered
10 Posts
If the kiddie pool doesnt work out, either borrow or get the biggest cooler you can find. Its pretty handy, in case you need to move it. Once in the kiddie pool, there is no way you can move it.
this way when you go back to returning your rock to the tank, you'll be able to haul the rock next to the tank.

good luck and by the way great looking stand.

·
ROOTS...ROCKS...REGGAE
1,215 Posts
Rus,
Looks good! I have done a tank swap using a kiddie pool. The one I had was about 5' round and 1' tall. Don't know the gal, sorry. I also used about a dozen Rubbermaid containers with powerheads in them oh, and some old canister filters too for circulation. I'll get some pictures up later today.Bob
p.s. I'm also a carpenter and built my own stand and canopy LOL.

·
ROOTS...ROCKS...REGGAE
1,215 Posts
If you look closely you can see a sailfin and yellow tang. I put the taller container in the middle of the pool and pumped water into it. The container then overflowed like a waterfall into the pool to increase oxygenation and circulation.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 51 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.