The Reef Tank banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Big Fishy little pond
923 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering what everyone uses to clean the outside of their glass on the DT tank. Ive heard vinegar, water, windex. Well I have found a great product. So far the preliminary tests are great. Will continue to use to see what happens. By no means will I be getting this inside the live tank of course but after reading the MSDS on it i can only fathom that would raise the PH.

·
Premium Member
26,466 Posts
I was wondering what everyone uses to clean the outside of their glass on the DT tank. Ive heard vinegar, water, windex. Well I have found a great product. So far the preliminary tests are great. Will continue to use to see what happens. By no means will I be getting this inside the live tank of course but after reading the MSDS on it i can only fathom that would raise the PH.
I use cheap Windex, but just spray it on a paper towel in the other room first.

·
Underwater Demolitions
11,547 Posts
Mr clean magic eraser. Even takes off those Darn clumsy epoxy fingerprints. Then wipe with a soft cotton or microfiber rag. I even cut them in to chunks to clean the inside (never reuse). FutureDoc can validate.
H

·
Big Fishy little pond
923 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
here is hopefully the same shot in after cleaning mode

got an after shot lol okay it wont upload wth, awe its too big dangit how do i stinking make it smaller? but until then I got a really clean outside woohoo

·
Reefer Madness
1,357 Posts
What's wrong with a weak vinegar solution? It's organic and safe. I also use it to clean the shield over my HQI bulb. IDK, better safe than sorry?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts