Registered
986 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I did some plumbing work........check out the pics:

·
Registered
986 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I already installed the standpipes and glued the drain lines already. Fixed the return lines height to go thru the back openings in the canopy...
I still need to get the air valves to install on top of the stand pipes.

·
Registered
986 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I cut it a couple of inches. The return lines have to go thru two openings in the back of the canopy. These openings are two inches above the top of the tank since the canopy frame was built with 2x2s. I have pictures that I'll post later.... ;)

·
Registered
986 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
One thing that I thought was important is that I used 45 degree elbows as much as I could to lower the friction inside the pipe...

·
Registered
986 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks a lot guys!
All of it done with info collected here !!! :beer:

·
Registered
986 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
RWD said:
Nice work. Good to see you us unions where needed.
I'm glad I used them too....
Did you notice anything particular on those pictures ????

·
double cappuccino
1,633 Posts
Looks like a solid job, congratulations. Why do you have like 24 outlets behind the sump? It looks handy, but wow!

[EDIT] Oops, looks now like 12 outlets and twelve switches? Man, I wish I knew something about electrical work. :eek:

·
Registered
986 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
They're 14 outlets, 14 switches. One GCFI with one master switch (the black one).
I will have plugged in that box:
1 return pump
1 pump for the skimmer
2 actinics
2 MHs
4 powerheads
2 cooling fans
total: 12 plugs.

I maybe adding a big extractor fan on top of the canopy (I'll see if I need it after a put water in the tank and check temperature).

·
Ughhh.. Dinoflagelettes..
1,262 Posts
Looking sweet graz!!! Well thought out and nice workmanship... :D

Can't wait to see some finished pics...

·
Registered
3,074 Posts
Did you notice anything particular on those pictures ????
hmm i noticed a lot of things. first i noticed a top notch job. specially in cramped spacing. now i se just wahats in store for me and my plumbing job!

i noticed grey joints, unions, and valves.

i noticed blue pvc.. that looks cool, standard down there?

i noticed your massive switch box :)

i noitced a berlin skimmer

and i noticed an awful lot of silicone in the overlowbox, which makes me feel pretty good about how my silicone job will end up coming out :funny:

anything ELSE we should have noticed?

it's look spectacular man, love seeing new pics!

·
Registered
986 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
There is something particular about those pictures: the picture of the overflow box shows the drain lines coming to the same place where the return pump is. :rolleyes: ooops.... The rest of the pictures show the drain lines in the correct position !!! ;)
Those unions surely come in handy !!!
I'm not sure if the blue PVC is standard. Maybe it is. I think it's blue PVC for water lines and white for electricity (that's only my impression !). PVC accesories (elbows, valves, etc) are usually grey, though some manufaturers make them blue (like the pipe).
Massive switch box: LOL I thought it was too much at first, but it keeps all the cables sorted out in a visible place.
The silicone job: not the cleanest, tho I'll remove some excess, except in the glass joints. Better safe than sorry. People have come to visit and doesn't notice it. They keep asking if I plan to keep sharks in there :D

Thanks for the possitive input, man
I appreciate it!

BTW, How's your new project going on?

·
Registered
986 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
thefatman said:
.... specially in cramped spacing. now i se just wahats in store for me and my plumbing job!
There is more space than it appears. The door in one side of the stand surely helps a lot too.

·
Premium Member
18,603 Posts
Good job Grazhopr I was wondering about that return line though.:)

1 - 20 of 49 Posts