The Reef Tank banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Fuzzy Stick Crazy
7,319 Posts
Basically you will need a 70-90watt driver for each type of LED.

Something with this specs.

Must be a current controlled DC voltage source.

Current should be ~750mA to 1A
Voltage should be up to 75volts
Power about 75 to 80watts.

www.mouser.com and use the parameters to get one.

I recommenced the meanwell manufacturer. They make quality stuff. Definitely get an enclosed powersupply for protection from the environment.

·
Registered
808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i am pretty bad with electronics so if you guys could give me a link to the exact one I should get, I would relaly appreciate it. I do not want to spend a lot of money on one at all as I really wnat it to be cheap. And if I need to buy anything else with the driver please let me know. Thanks a lot, all I bought so far were the led lights and lenses for the lights so if you know some good wire I should buy too, I would greatly appreciate that too.

Thanks a lot

·
Registered
685 Posts
go for 18 whites and 8 blues and use this driver:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Constant-Cu...655?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3382255c5f

if you want 20 of each you will need to spend twice as much on each driver or simply add tiny ones to run reamining 2 LEds on each colour.
Something like that:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/DC-12V-AC-8...ing_Parts_and_Accessories&hash=item417356b4ac

It's realy simple: 20 LEDs - 3W each - 20pcs x 3W = 60W+ driver

One in the 1st link will run 18Pcs + 2nd will run 2pcs. I would go for 18LEDs since it won't make much of a difference and it will save you trouble of wiring them up to two drivers (each color)
Also if You buy 3 of them you will have one extra on hand just in case if one fails. 3 divers f (if you want to have spare one) for under $45 is a bargain !!!

·
Registered
685 Posts
40 is not to much at all I was just saying that 36 will do the same trick and You won't have to buy more expensive or more drivers.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts