The Reef Tank banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,

I was wondering if anyone knows where I can get my 29gal glass sump drilled for an external return pump. Also, can I buy reliable bulkheads from Home Depot or Lowe's?

Bret

·
Summer and Alyssa's Daddy
2,679 Posts
I would get the bulkheads from Jenn and/or Jorge. (Imagine Ocean and aquarium Showcase) I have bought bulkheads from both. I think Petland in Duluth has them as well but I would call ahead and ask Zane what he has. They also drill tanks. I do happen to have a 29 gal drilled tank, missing bulkheads. I would actually be glad to trade out tanks but it is drilled in the back about 3 inches from the top, on the right and left side. (one side was a return and the other was goes into).

Ray

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Ray for the info. As far as a trade, I wanted to use the tank as a sump so I thought I would need a bulkhead very low on one side for my external Velocity T4. I would be more than willing to trade my 29gal glass tank and black wrought iron stand for a comparable sump.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I also have a CPR CS50 overflow, Rio 600RVT, and a wet/dry filter with bioballs and Cap2200 return pump. The dimensions for the wet/dry are 20"x8"x18". I saw a similar one on ebay. If you want to see what it looks like

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2344607246&category=46310

I'll trade all for anything that I might be able to use for my 120gal RR that's taking me forever to set up. Thanks,

Bret

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
OK, not everyone at once! Everytime I post, the only replies are from myself! :(

·
Summer and Alyssa's Daddy
2,679 Posts
Hey I am at work. And I resent that or is it I represent that...or soemthing like that..LOL.

Ray

·
Registered
807 Posts
OK, not everyone at once! Everytime I post, the only replies are from myself!
At least you know someone is listening.:D

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well, the sump is drilled. I took the suggestions of going to Jeorge at Aquarium Showcase (he's close to my house) and I couldn't have been more pleased. Everyone was very knowledgeable and willing to help a plumbing idiot like myself. One step down, one million to go. Thanks again Jeorge and Brian.

Bret

1 - 9 of 9 Posts