The Reef Tank banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,072 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Found these little white oval disc's on my rock....the rock was recently cooked. These disc's don't appear to move but they are incresing in number (practically overnight!) They don't come off the rock even when I've brushed them with a tooth brush-very strong hold and have an almost shiny surface under the light (sorta like plastic), although it is not plastic! Not a great picture, but please take a look...they are not square in any way like pic's I have seen of red planaria , but they appear to proliferate like I've read planaria does...any thoughts, suggestions?....

Attachments

·
Registered
2,072 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Please take a guess, send me someplace to look through pests...I'm really at a loss as to what the heck this is....

·
Registered
657 Posts
Foramiferans Don't know if the spellings right but look them up on here, If that's what they are they're harmless, Just a guess though

jd

·
Registered
2,031 Posts
Do they look like white sesame seeds? If so, probably your turbo snails laying eggs.

·
Premium Member
17,355 Posts
Hi Viv, You know we need better pix, try flash, or turn off the tank lights and try some spotlights. Your description sounds like stomatella, maybe limpets, definitely not flatworms

·
Registered
2,072 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well, I've been serching the web, it looks like baby barnacles...but I don't see any egg casings, that they would have hatched from...I will try to get a better pic, the camera batteries need a charging....but as soon as they charge I'll post more pics...

·
Registered
657 Posts
i cant tell from the pics but do they have a spiral shape to them, I have literally thousands of little tiny white spirals. They are very hard and only a couple of millimeters wide, they're a type of hard tube fan worm i believe, if you look very very closely you can see the little tiny fan. Just another guess:freak:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts