The Reef Tank banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Super Moderator
22,649 Posts
You got some handsome radios there, Jeff. I’m missing something. Which one is the Scott?
Font Rectangle Electronic device Screenshot Technology
Front and back auction pics of the Scott radio Cath👍🏼
Scott’s thing was to have more tubes in their radios , to end up with higher quality sound over da other guys. The chroming of the working parts was more of a “bling “ thing back then, along with the Jedi mind trick of chrome must be a good thing for a better radio 🤔🥴. Some buyers back then ordered JUST the radio , sans any body to hold them,
along with collectors just getting the chassis and sometimes having a acrylic cover over it.
Some folks go while hawg and have any chrome parts redone 🤯,, if they are super crudded up.
This one does not look that bad, think I did ok with what I paid for it. Dropped out on another Scott radio in this auction( think there were 4 ) the price was a wee bit out of my comfort zone($2700). If I saw it in person, I might thought harder about following the bidding until I was the last one.

The below pic is of a 1936 price list for JUST the console bodies,, NOT the radio components 🥴😳.

The radio I dropped out of bidding on( go figger🙄🥴) happened to have the most expensive cabinet in ‘36 according to the list, $2500 ( in 1936 $$) The footnote says the radio in total was $5,000.00😳.
Have not done “what are 1936 dollars for stuff now in ‘22” , but a no brainer the average Joe was not buying these radios back when

Font Newspaper Rectangle Parallel Electric blue

• Wow
Reactions: cath

·
Administrator
19,294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
GLAD there was a turn out of the Troops! (y) It was after 11p when our game broke up here....,and 1:30 by time my eyes opened back up from nodding off reading about Y'Alls day.;)
Hack

·
Administrator
48,724 Posts
We had a good Chat Rick and I, Vinny joined in for a bit then the Family showed up.
Cleaning kitchen, I can actually see table top. Baking a dog cake mix, Jorge got certified as a service dog so when his vest shows up tomorrow or tues he gets a pawty :)

·
Administrator
48,724 Posts
Its a cake mix made from dog friendly ingrediants, baked like a real cake and used the little dog little serving pateish stuff for frosting. JorgeE got filet mignon since that is his mommas fave steak

21 - 26 of 26 Posts