The Reef Tank banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Administrator
19,301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
......closed my eyes and going for it!

Good morning TRT Folks, and HAPPY SATURDAY! SORRY Rick if I bump into you.
Sun is up, as well as coffee. OFF today, but see I missed a call last night from the boss, so will check with him around 7'ish.
Got a pretty full plate round here.....errands, shopping, pool opening, yard.....FUN!

Hope an 'Ooooooooooow day' awaits All,
Hack

·
Administrator
19,301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
.......dodged THAT bullet. The 'missed call' from the boss last night was just an 'Enjoy your weekend off' call. :cautious: My silly phone has an annoying propensity of getting on 'silent'......flip, toss, smack, and yell at it, it still does.....on occasion.

So now that that's out of the way......,

Got to get a fairly early start to SillyMart for some shopping and script orders......a few shorts stops on the way home, and then see about getting the pool opened.
We just 'pull the plug' in the fall and let it go......turns green of course, then we shock the snot out of it in the spring to kick start it back to life.
The green vanished within a couple hours, now it's the 'cloudy' we're dealing with. The secrete to getting THAT cleared up is CONSTANT 'BACK WASHING' to keep the filter from getting clogged. While I'm at work, and the troops here are other wise disposed, that doesn't happen.......I do it before work, and a few times after work before bed.
So needless to say that process is now under way.

Looks like a post card weather weekend, so we all know there'll be something on the grill, and the trip to the store will enlighten us as to the 'what'. Would be nice to finally get a bonfire in there somewhere, but other fun stuff keeps bumping THAT.

Got another cup of joe available, #3, so tata,
Hack

·
Super Moderator
Fry Daddy! Multiple tanks, reef, seahorse
27,913 Posts
Good morning Hack and all,

I’m glad my pool days are over, no one would help with the cleaning and while traveling it would turn green and I would spend a day shocking and cleaning. Told the kids I would take it down if they didn’t keep it up while I’m gone. I ended taking it down and selling.
Not sure what the day has for up. But one thing I’m thinking it’s time to move the older seahorses to the new tank . Always a risk moving them into new water. It will make it easier to see if they are eating the frozen food.
Have a great Saturday

·
Super Moderator
28,205 Posts
Good morning, Hack, Vinnie, and all of TRT!

Thanks for the coffee, guys. Now we need something to go with it. I know, we could have homemade egg McMuffins. That is a fried egg on a toasted English muffin, with cheese on top if you like. Sadly, I think our strawberry season is over, but I bet Vinnie still has strawberries way down there in Louisiana.

Hack, how did you get so lucky to have a day off today? Hoopie doopie! Since you’re the one that does most of the work at the yard, how long earth will be get anything done?

Vinnie - Go for it! I’m looking forward to seeing how this turns out with year old are seahorses in the new tank.

Where is Perry?

it’s a cool 66 outside and will only go to 82. That’s a nice weather!

Lots of love and hugs and peace to everyone!

·
Administrator
48,733 Posts
Mor in gang, weather is typical spring but not raining at moment. Need coffee and grub then shower. I need to go in town early to grab great grand a a present before party. Should be home before chat if that happens

·
Super Moderator
Red Tiger Oscars and Cichlids
1,423 Posts
Good day all. Just got back from the farm. Went up and did the mowing and trimming. I managed to get the ditches done with out getting stuck. That is good but honestly sometimes getting stuck is fun too.

It is sunny and high 60’s with a nice breeze. I think my day is done. A little relaxing time for ‘ole Tin.

·
Super Moderator
22,650 Posts
Afternoon all

spent the morning doing the online old radio auction thing,,, yeah I won a couple 🙄.. “only” 4 , but 3 of em are of the console variety. One being a high end 30’s radio, where the chassis and tube covers n such are chrome plated. Has the radio and a amp, so it’s sorta like having two chrome chassis,,,big bux, but it’s one of those “yeah I got one “ collecting conquests. Don’t think I’ll “need” a trailer to rent,,, hoping I can fit em in the truck bed🤞🏻🙏. If not,pretty sure a nearby Ohio UHaul place can fix me up , especially since it’ll be mid week when I get em, with no weekend busy timeline.

On to the day,

Hope everyone is having a good one👍🏼

·
Super Moderator
22,650 Posts
Pics of today’s score:
The Scott radio has the optional tweeter speakers in it. From what I learned after some research , just the two speakers are worth more than what I paid for the whole shebang, as “parts” for someone in need .

Brown Cabinetry Wood Drawer Rectangle

Brown Font Audio equipment Rectangle Gas
Brown Font Gas Machine Wood
Rectangle Wood Font Gadget Gas

Musical instrument Rectangle Wood Screenshot Gas
Wood Screenshot Font Rectangle Electronic device

Attachments

·
Administrator
19,301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Alright, I am presentable for public viewing, headed in to kiddoes party, I shall be back before 6 pm mine iff'n anyone once to hare a drink and banter :)
Hey Doug.....Hope you enjoy the party, and be sure to wish them a HAPPY BIRTHDAY from all your Friends here at TRT Breakfast Table.

Love to gather round the jug tonight.....BUT.....ain't sure if'n we're coming or going there's so much on our plates. If there's a pause, or lull in our activities I'd love to jump in. Throw up a MEET for Us Doug if you get a chance.....I'll knock on the door when I can. (y)
Hack

·
Administrator
19,301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Nice haul Jeff, but you better start saving some of that cash for when you get back in this hobby.:unsure:;)
Hack

·
Super Moderator
Red Tiger Oscars and Cichlids
1,423 Posts
Well, I posted in the wrong thread. Oh well. I was just saying I am likely up for a meet tonight if someone wants to hang out. 8pm EST would work for me if that is good. I gotta be in at 6am tomorrow and do need my beauty sleep.

·
Super Moderator
Fry Daddy! Multiple tanks, reef, seahorse
27,913 Posts
I could possibly do it tonight.
been hectic here today water change on tubs . All fry moved to different tanks I I could clean. Found a bigpod in the fry tub today. Too big for the fry. Not sure where it came from I imagine from the live rock I put in the sump

·
Administrator
48,733 Posts
I am back from town, 5 my time works, if we go over we can open new window

·
Super Moderator
28,205 Posts
absolutely gorgeous, Vinnie! I really like the music to go along with it.

Pics of today’s score:
The Scott radio has the optional tweeter speakers in it. From what I learned after some research , just the two speakers are worth more than what I paid for the whole shebang, as “parts” for someone in need .

View attachment 244239
View attachment 244240 View attachment 244241 View attachment 244242
View attachment 244246 View attachment 244245

You got some handsome radios there, Jeff. I’m missing something. Which one is the Scott?

Doug - You’re great grandbaby sure as a cute level guy! What does he call you?

As you know by now, I can’t show up for the meet tonight. Have fun!

·
Administrator
19,301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
WOW......11:30p and feet are just now going up......THAT was a long one! But in my defense the evening was fun, and concluded with us winning GAME 6 of 7, so one more to go......TOMORROW!

Sorry Folks I didn't make it to the big game tonight.......was thinking of Y'All between all the shenanigans.
Even so the eyes are fading FAST!........hmmmmmm..........FAST......nodded off just saying that.

Good night All,
Hack

1 - 20 of 26 Posts