The Reef Tank banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Super Moderator
27,692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hehehehe...since it's a holiday Monday. But for those of you who have to work, it's really is *onday.

Good Mawnin' TRT!! I see some folks out there, and mayb they're waiting to see who posts the greeting.

Today is Dad's 81st birthday, and my sister and I will be spending much of the day with him. I plan to make him an Amish Apple Grunt (yup that's the real name...) and my sister is planning on painting one of his bathrooms. I'll prolly help with that too, but it's a small bathroom and not really enough room for 2 people in there.

Have a good Labor Day everyone.

Lots of love and hugs and peace for everyone.

·
Registered
5,816 Posts
Good Morning cath and TRT and Happy Labor Day

Yeah!!! Yeah!!! it's Labor Day

well maybe it's not quite that exciting,

but its a good day to have off.

Remember all the hard working

people who helped build this

Great Country

and all the good people working

to keep it that way!!!

Happy Labor Day

ohhhhh yes ,one last thought

If it's called Labor Day

why do we all want to play?

·
Banggai Mommy
2,395 Posts
Good Morning! It's not raining here! (Although it looks like it might.) Rainfall totals were 5-7" over the last 3 days in the KC metro area, and there have been several tragedies associated with the floodwaters.
That said...

Have a safe Labor Day, everyone!
Danielle

·
Super Moderator
27,692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
:eek: Danielle! I read about highway tragedies blamed on the rains :( Lots of prayers go out to the families of those folks.

Late yesterday afternoon my brother (the visiting Okie) was driving with his wife and Dad on their return from Winchester, VA. There came a torrent of water from the sky as they were driving down the mountain on I 81 which reduced their driving speed to 45 MPH. I'm so glad they got back here safely.

·
Registered
3,074 Posts
happy labor day and monday everyone. i have issues with the concept of the union, let alon a holiday for them.. but it's nice to have a day off work :) and in recent years the day has become more for all working people than for just the union guys..

anyway, dont want to tlak politics here :)

cath have fun with your dad today. make him a BIG JUICY steak for his birthday :) smothered in mushrooms :)

something for you and your sister: huge portabellas, marinated in worcestshire sauce, grilled over an open flame, topped with mozzarella. a great side for it, is penne pasta cooked el dente, then stir fried in butter with fresh baby sweet peas, and baby carrots.

made that a few times for my vegi ex.. she actually brought freends over for the second time :)

work to do on my plumbing today.

have a great day everyone!
jay

·
Registered
5,816 Posts
Hey Jay I found this great glue that just might work------------I think I better be back pedalling really fast right about now!;)

·
Super Moderator
27,692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Jay!! What a sumptuous repast that would be. This time, though, Dad has invited my sister and I to eat with him at the retirement community where he lives.

BUT...I'll have to make that portabello feast sometime, fer sher.

Johnny...love your glue reports :)

·
Registered
585 Posts
Good Monday everyone!!!

Everyone please be safe today...there are too many people in a rush to get back home from their weekend off. Watch out for that other guy if you go out for a drive.

Jay....no politic's...we could get in a real heated discussion there!!! lol

Daneille, do you need some buckets to bail out of the floods...I got PLENTY to send. Be careful and prayers go out to everyone there.

Johnny, How's the fires doing...? You still safe?

Gotta go take care of more CRAP lol

·
Administrator
47,660 Posts
Good Morning TRT , hope eveeryone enjoys the last day of the holiday weekend, safely :)
I get to go back to work tomorrow after 2 months off, needless to say I am full of anticipation/dread ;)
BTW Cath if I handed you a big rubber band and told you to jump off a bridge would ya do it :D

·
Premium Member
17,355 Posts
cath said:
hehehehe...since it's a holiday Monday. But for those of you who have to work, it's really is *onday...
funny, my calendar says "Monday" above every day of the week... :eek:

...and yes, I DID just get out of bed...

·
Super Moderator
27,692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Doug1 said:
Good Morning TRT , hope eveeryone enjoys the last day of the holiday weekend, safely :)
I get to go back to work tomorrow after 2 months off, needless to say I am full of anticipation/dread ;)
BTW Cath if I handed you a big rubber band and told you to jump off a bridge would ya do it :D
NOOoooo way! I'm a-skeered of heights :eek:
cath ---------> skeerdy cat

1 - 11 of 11 Posts