The Reef Tank banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3,074 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
this is a spoiler if you have not seen the movie. so if you dont want it spoiled, do not read any further.
ok, so if yo uare reading down, here, you have either 1. seen the movie, or 2. want some parts spoiled. you have been warned.
so anyway. that movie was absolutely awesome! i loved it. i think i liked it more than most of the kids that were there! i seriously want a scum master for my tank! :funny:

i loved how everything was portrayed as real as possible. like "dont forget to brush" and the nutzo yellow tang, and of course, the squid inking !!! strangely, my favorite character was the cleaner shrimp!!

i loved the preview for The Incredibles! i shall from now on be referred to as Mr.Incredible :funny: seeings how asia felt the need to blurt out in the theater "hey dad, that looks like you when you tried putting on your army uniform!" :funny:

and for anyone with regal tang experience, are they really as neurotic and nutzo swimmers as dory was portrayed? do they have that much personality? if so, i cant wait till the new tank is actually ready to support one. i promise not to buy the movie star package though :)

there was this one large guy there that got teary eyed when the pelican was telling nemo about all the crazy stuff his dad was going through to get to him. but i wont say who the large guy was!! the same guy also got a bit teary eyed when dory realized she was tlakign to nemo and took him to find marlin. :) :rolleyes:

anyway, GREAT movie. i need to go see it again!! can't wait for dvd!

·
Registered
398 Posts
I noticed that you would not get some of the inside humor unless you had a tank. Definately had some reef keepers in their midst when they made that movie!

I roared laughing and the only one that was dying laughing about the cleaner shrimp cleaning!

SIGH!

·
Registered
2,446 Posts
When they showed the Tank wi5th all the plants and the treasure chest I unexpectdly blurted out. "Oh Comon Thats not a SW Tank"

OOPS

Jeff

·
Registered
3,074 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
you mean you dont have that pretty purple gravel in your tank jeff? :funny:

·
Registered
3,074 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
casey why do you have to ruin all my fun? :(

so they are that bad huh?

but but but... petsolutions movie star package says that regal tangs are recommended for beginners and they are easy care level :rolleyes: :funny:

·
Super Moderator
28,194 Posts
OK OK...I admit it. Had to look, just couldn't help myself, Jay!

Now I gotta go see the film.

·
Administrator
48,689 Posts
Hehehe I like blue gravel :D and they can be difficult ,but not impossible if they are got small and healthy then fed well and nit stressed. My old one grew to 10" in about 3 yrs.
Persaonally I love sailfins best tho :D

·
Registered
3,074 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
well, IF or rather i guess i should say WHEN i get one. i'm planning thus far to get it at liveaquaria, unless ifind sompleace with a better rep. they offer one that is 1/2"-3/4" long.

but that's still a long way off from now :)

·
Registered
441 Posts
Overall the Movie was cute. On the flipside it was a huge disapointment on behalf of Pixar Animation.. and a huge disapointment to me.

It looked beautiful in someways. Otherwise I didn't like it.

·
Registered
3,074 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
dissapointment? how so? i thought it was very well done and very well researched.

but then again, everyone has different tastes in movies. jsut curious to know what you didnt like about it.

·
Premium Member
17,355 Posts
cath said:
OK OK...I admit it. Had to look, just couldn't help myself, Jay!

Now I gotta go see the film.
Well, we TRIED to get you to go after the frag meet...:rolleyes:

·
Registered
852 Posts
Jay, I had a hippo/regal tang in my last tank for 3 yrs before I moved. Yes, they are as neurotic as Dori :) Also, they're ich magnets though mine never got ich, it would visit the cleaner shrimps as couple of times a day. A definite candidate for q-tank. But once they're settled they're eating/pooping machines. :D

Saw the movie a couple of days ago - my favourite is the last scene when all the bags are floating. OOPS! :funny: There I was, leaving the theatre, trying to figure how they'd get out of that mess... :D

·
Registered
3,074 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
that's why you stay until the screen goes black!! i watch the credits and all. disney and pixar always throw in some cute tidbits at the end.

remember the little tiny green fish that bruces friend brought to the metting. the paranoid little guy....

at the very end, he gets approached by the lantern fish, which is about 20 times his size. well, low and behold, the little guy opens up and swallows the giant lantern fish in one bite :)

·
Registered
76 Posts
heh heh i liked the part where mike from monsters inc. went swimming past.

i think i have to go with dory as my fave. she was just too sweet, and i loved the whole talking with the whale scene!!!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.