The Reef Tank banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys i bought the 48" wavepoint t5 retrofit kit a couple of months back one day while doing a water change i had my hand in the tank and my forearm brushed against the reflector and i got a shock so i tested it i was getting 57 volts from the reflector to the water i checked all my pumps and heater for voltage and found that the voltage was comming from the light so my lfs ordered a new fixture when it came in i tested it there and the same results from the brand new light i tried to contact wavepoint and after about a week i got someone to answer my email who told me i was wrong i am a lineman i work with electric every day so when he told me iwas wrong i got a little pissed so after going around and around with this guy he agreed to test a light in the factory once again several emails and a couple of phone calls and he got back to me saying i was right but there is nothing he can do about it except give me a new light the customer service is horrible i just wasted 265 dollars i am going to order the icecap kit tomorrow

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
these guys say the is a gfci outlet with that said there should be a ground at the plug right well there isnt one just two prongs and once again when i said that too them they said i was wrong

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
can u imagine if there is someone out there that has a pacemaker he would be dead when i said that to them he stutered and said that if there was a problem the gfci would trip

1 - 5 of 5 Posts