The Reef Tank banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Thaumoctopus mimicus
390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Give Away:
I have a good bit more base rock to bring for the next meeting. If there is a lot of interest, I might bring two buckets and completely shut down the tank that currently has the rock.

Also, I'm going to try to bring a couple of my sea urchins. (I have over a dozen 2-3" diameter full grown Pacific Rock Boring urchins. They eat little defensive pockets into your live rock and seem to eat pretty much any algae when out wandering around.)

Looking For:
If anybody has a frag of frogspawn or hammer coral that they would be willing to make, I'd be interested. My 2 heads of frogspawn grew to 16-20 heads before I lost them in a tragedy early this year. (An urchin ate the base that had long ago fused to the rock and they spent a whole week face down in the sand while I was on vacation. The part the urchin ate was not live coral, but it was what anchored them into place. They never really recovered.) I now wish I had been fragging them.

·
Premium Member
4,889 Posts
I could use some base rock for my sump. scolet is starting a tank and he also needs rock....I may have a few nice frags to give you, but no frogspawn...sorry

·
Registered
169 Posts
If you have a really tiny one that would be awesome. I have been looking for a little guy for a while. I look forward to seeing everybody at the meeting. I ned to get my tank in gear! It has been neglected the past few weeks.

·
Thaumoctopus mimicus
390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I think it wouldn't hurt to do a raffle if we have interest.

Another idea, if people are so inclined, would be to do something fun like this:
http://www.pacificeastaquaculture.c...ategory.aspx?CategoryId=80#Small+Zoanthid+Pak

Then we could utilize the raffle money from past efforts to get new raffle money and continue to pull in stuff from outside the group. However, we'd probably need somebody to organize it and gauge a level of interest.

·
Registered
479 Posts
I Scolet112 think the raffle would be a neat idea beings i need alot of equipment for my new tank project i.e. rodi unit, skimmer, lights ect ect ect ect ect ect ect ect LOL The list goes on and on

1 - 6 of 6 Posts