The Reef Tank banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i got the word last night. i am a perfect tissue match to donate a kidney to my mother-in-law. both of her kidneys failed over 6 years ago. she's been going to dialisis 4 x a week since. surgery won't happen for about another 3 months. now i have to ask for all of your help. my new 180 gal is up and running and doing great ( sorry no build thread yet but its comming, i ducumented the progress on a daily basis) my wife is clueless about anything with this tank. i'll be in the hospital for about 4 days and then for about a week i won't be able to do much. if anything happens during that time, she will log on to TRT and ask for help. please be patient and try to explain things as clearly and simple as posible. i think i'm more worried about my tank than i am about the surgery. thanks in advance. much peace!!!!

·
I've got the REEF rash!
61,660 Posts
Wow! That's great what your doing!You can ask a lfs and ussally someone wouldn't mine coming over to help!to bad your not in a club that would work easy!But we will all be patient with Her!Good luck to you both!You'll will be in our prayers!

·
Super Moderator
27,090 Posts
Frank! Perfect match indeed. What a fantastic gift.

You know how TRT is...we like to help. Be it prayers or good, friendly advice/instructions. Have her post in GRD, and help will come around. We'll all get to know her, as well :D

Thanks for putting us on alert.

·
Premium Member
7,007 Posts
Good luck Frank!! What a cool thing to do!!!:thumbup:

·
the shutterbug mod!
2,394 Posts
very admirable... all my best for a fast recovery for you both!

·
Super Moderator
22,146 Posts
Way to go Frank,,,,,,:thumbup:
Don't worry, we will be here to help if need be, if you have AOL instant messenger, or something like that, that might help if fast help is needed too.
We got your back, if your wife needs any help.
Hope things go well, and keep us posted on the ongoings,,,,:thumbup:

·
Premium Member
15,839 Posts
Frank, that's a wonderful thing you are doing for your mother-in-law. What a gift to give!

I was quite active with our East Tennessee Kidney Foundation for several years. I have seen first hand the blessing that such a donation can produce, both to the donor and donee.

Best wishes to you both for a successful transplant.

Dick:)

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
That's awesome! Wishing you and your mother-in-law a speedy recovery.

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
That is nice!!

About your tank I suggest you show your wife what you do on the tank, have her help you do the maintenance from now until the operation and she will get a good understanding of why, what and when to do the things you do in the tank.
Having said that, of course we will help out.

·
Administrator
46,892 Posts
Little Luey said:
That is nice!!

About your tank I suggest you show your wife what you do on the tank, have her help you do the maintenance from now until the operation and she will get a good understanding of why, what and when to do the things you do in the tank.
Having said that, of course we will help out.
Make sure she has your access to the board and is comfortable coming on here for answers to questions :)

·
Tang Lover
7,326 Posts
just wanna commend you. Incredible thing you're doing!!!

and yes...send your wife here...we'll help in any way we can!

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
thanks everyone, i knew i could count on all of you. i will be trying to teach her as much as possible in the next few months, but as anyone in this hobby knows, if anything catastrophic is going to happen, of course its going to happen at the worst possible time:drool: . i don't post very often cause ussualy if i run into a problem, i can find a solution by just doing a search and reading old posts, i just figure it would be a lot easier for her to just ask. thanks again, and i will introduce my wife to all of you before i go in so she can get a feel for the site and all of you. .....much peace!!!!!

·
Premium Member
17,355 Posts
awesome!

PM me for a direct link, I will be more than happy to help you both out.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts