The Reef Tank banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well I been using Kent Marine Purple Tech in my nano reef tank i started using it like 1 month ago but when I went today to my LFS to my a check of everything of my water they told me that my alkalinity was somewhere between 11 and 12 and he said that the proper lever should be 7.. does the purple tech its the reason of making my alkalinity go crazy??

·
Administrator
47,183 Posts
Do you add any other buffer? What test kit did they use to determine your alk?

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well I added the reef buffer like 2 weeks ago because my PH was low at that time but I havent add any more since then... but now I went to my LFS and my PH was low but they said my alkalinity was high.. I think they used API reef test kit because some of the bottles looked like the ones I have.. I only have ammonia, nitrate, nitrite.. thats the only ones I have.. thats why I go to my LFS so they can check everything..

·
Administrator
47,183 Posts
Are they reading pH with a meter? i wish i had link handy for one of several good posts re: Alk,pH, Cacium. It is all related and interconnected. You might search TDWyatt post for Alk and or pH/
I think this is probably one of the most basic processes to know and one of the hardest to get a grasp on if you are not a chemist

1 - 4 of 4 Posts