The Reef Tank banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I NEED BIGTIME ADVICE (from your experience):

So what can I EXPECT if I add "one more tang" over my limit?

I have a 40gal Cube from Oceanic, 24inches wide, 21inches tall, 18inches deep. I have two 15lbs live rocks in their with several corals on the rocks. The two rocks are centered and there SEEMS to be a good amount of open water for all the fish to ZIP-AROUND all around the rocks in 360degree circle. My wife WONT let me get any bigger of a tank...so I cant go there unless I buy her 10carat diamond earrings.

CURRENT FISH STOCK:
> one maroon clown hosting the LTA....added about 6months ago

> one yellow tang(about 3inches)...added about 3months ago

> one kole tang(about 4inches).....added 2 weeks ago and they seem to get along well together until I put my hands in the tank, then they both go to one corner then start fighting. Once my hands are out, they go back to being swimming buddies again (.......strange).

> NOW I WANT TO GET AS MY FINAL FISH.....A NASO-TANG -or- A POWDER-BLUE(something small about 2inches to start with)

BY ADDING THIS "ONE LAST TANG"...... AM I HEADING FOR A DISASTER?

PLEASE HELP WITH ADVICE!!!!!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
14,531 Posts
I'm sorry to say your tank is already overstocked and is not large enough for 1 tang let alone 3 :(
Tangs are open water swimmers and need a minimum of 48" of swim area to be happy

·
Premium Member
10,625 Posts
I have to agree... time to butter up the wife... remember the rule (i know this and i'm a bachelor), it is better to ask for forgiveness than permission.
I would also be looking for a new home for the tangs you have. they will not last long in the tank you have.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts