The Reef Tank banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
the shutterbug mod!
2,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I turned off my 10k just to see what was fluorescing and I saw a new green just shining away! Well it was the little button polyp that I thought I had lost in the overhaul! :D I wish I could get that to spread, cuz it's such a bright green and sooo pretty! I'm so hooked on things that fluoresce under actinics and I want to add more... can you please give me names (and pics!) of anything that fluoresces blue? Orange too, bright orange, and any other colors that I don't know about as well! Pink?
Thanks!!!:banana:

·
the shutterbug mod!
2,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
just bumping... am I limited to just zoo's or do other things fluoresce too?

·
Fish Killin' Reef Keeper
358 Posts
My orange/red montis (digi and caps) glow about the most impressive in my tank. As for greens, well the green digi and caps are great.....my closed brain and fungia are a nice green glow.

My green slimer (new to me) looks good under actinic also. HMmmmm my frilly mushrooms and regular mushrooms glow nicely, and of course the zoos look awesome under actinics!!

Cant forget the trumpets, GSP....wow.......I'm with you! I can't get enough of the glowing under actinics!

My recent addition of blue moonlights to my Tek light is pretty cool to see too!!

·
Fish Killin' Reef Keeper
358 Posts
Blastos, hammers, frogspawns all look good in there too!! I'm sure I'm forgeting some of the others.....but there are some really cool options for the flouresence!

·
the shutterbug mod!
2,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ReelFreak said:
Blastos, hammers, frogspawns all look good in there too!! I'm sure I'm forgeting some of the others.....but there are some really cool options for the flouresence!
I've always liked frogspawn but stayed away from it cuz I thought it would sting my horses.
I have some shrooms that glow faintly, but I want more colors, pink, orange and blue!
No clam for me, I only have pc lighting. Kinda afraid to get an urchin, I don't want it eating my coraline!

Dobejazz, what are clove polyps? Pic?

·
Premium Member
14,531 Posts
Here is a pic of 1 type also called daisy polyps the centers glow.

I need a better pic of these guys

1 - 10 of 10 Posts