The Reef Tank banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6,317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well? any one catch the tito/shamrock fight? im ticked off about arlofski, anyone?

·
11,345 Posts
We dont watch tv in my house......watch movies...read the news on the internet..but no tv. I used to get tickets locally as the place i worked for sponsored the fights when they cvame to town........but i couldnt handle the testosterone overload of the crowds. Those guys are tough som b's though...........

·
Registered
6,317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
bah, you guys should try catching them more often, easily the best athletes in the world, and imo, this sport should easily replace boxing.

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
i love the ufc fights! they kick butt! i agree... those guys are totally the ultimates in the fighting scene.
i haven't watched it in a while. been addicted to watching the investigative reports and cop-stuff like that.

·
Registered
263 Posts
The Ortiz/Shamrock fight was quite upsetting in my books! I thought forsure that Shamrock would come out and win this one. I've seen him take 100 times more punishment than he did in that fight, and still win. I think it was a garbage call on the ref to call that fight. Ortiz didn't really win it, I don't think. I definately can't wait to see them fight again!

Arlovski/Sylvia was a heck of a good fight. I wish it would have been a bit more technical instead of just a boxing match like it was. I thought both fighters did really well. I would have liked to see Arlovski win that one. He showed up to that fight in tip top shape, ready to fight. Sylvia just showed up, ready to fight.

The Stevenson/Edwards fight I think was really good. When Edwards' head busted open, I couldn't believe how much blood he lost! I seriously was almost sick to my stomach!!

Can't wait for the next UFC, I'm totally addicted now!! Gotta love the bars here showing it illegally!! :thumbup:

·
Crazed Fish Whisperer
2,611 Posts
Is that the show on Spike Tv? I keep seeing clips about it, and how one guy who is deaf is doing really well. Am I thinking of the correct show?

·
Registered
6,317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Jeremy1973 said:
Is that the show on Spike Tv? I keep seeing clips about it, and how one guy who is deaf is doing really well. Am I thinking of the correct show?
thats the reality show were they offer a UFC contract to the winner. the deaf fella was great but got injured and couldnt continue,

·
Registered
6,317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Deuce said:
The Ortiz/Shamrock fight was quite upsetting in my books! I thought forsure that Shamrock would come out and win this one. I've seen him take 100 times more punishment than he did in that fight, and still win. I think it was a garbage call on the ref to call that fight. Ortiz didn't really win it, I don't think. I definately can't wait to see them fight again!

Arlovski/Sylvia was a heck of a good fight. I wish it would have been a bit more technical instead of just a boxing match like it was. I thought both fighters did really well. I would have liked to see Arlovski win that one. He showed up to that fight in tip top shape, ready to fight. Sylvia just showed up, ready to fight.

The Stevenson/Edwards fight I think was really good. When Edwards' head busted open, I couldn't believe how much blood he lost! I seriously was almost sick to my stomach!!

Can't wait for the next UFC, I'm totally addicted now!! Gotta love the bars here showing it illegally!! :thumbup:
i agree, the ref stop on the ortiz fight was early, but it looked pretty evident shamrock was out classed again, i know hes a great fighter, i just dont think he has it in him anymore, that or the whole sport has evolved beyond him.

as for silvia and arlovski, andre really let me down, he had nothing to loose, and didnt try. i think he was just afraid to get caught like the last one. and personally i think the last fight was stopped early too, i think he got stunned, landed on his stomach, and was working on getting out of a very bad position, but was still defending himself.

the blood fight, yea that was nasty, that guy probably needed an I.V. after, he lost a ton of blood.

·
Crazed Fish Whisperer
2,611 Posts
That's to bad to hear..the clips I saw with the deaf guy looked good. I liked how he wasn't going to allow his being deaf to interfere with his fighting.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts