The Reef Tank banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
706 Posts
Im not much for acrylic work so here is how I did mine.

First I logged on to a specific website, and found an AquaC Urchin.
I printed it out and studied it really well. Then I got online and asked questions about it. Then I went back to that website and looked at it again. This time I punched in some numbers and hit a couple buttons and a week later it was done.

Oh ok so that wasn't a DIY plan. But this was a cheap and easy BUMP to the top for you.
Dave

·
Registered
3,074 Posts
:funny:

if yo udo a search on google, there are quite a few different plans, but i've never been happy with any of them.

i'm plannign to email andy at myreefcreations.com and try to get him to give or even sell me the plans for one of his skimmers.

i really want the pleasure and satisfaction, and yes, the headaches, of doing one myself. but i also want to know that it's being built properly, and will actually work!

if i come across any good plans i'll let ya know.

·
Registered
56 Posts
DIY

Hey Jay if you get some plans that are good would you mind letting me know also. I want to build one for my 135.
Thanks ahead of time.
Mike

·
Registered
3,074 Posts
hey geoff, i've look at yours before, the only problem i have is that it's reall ytall. i need one that will fit in sump (30" tall max)

and i REALLY want ot be able to see inside it (the main body) because i think it looks cool to se the typhoon i nthere :D

other than that, i've always liked yours. specially since it seems relatively easy to put together.

is the height jsut an illusion on yours? or would it fit in the sump and udner the tank?

i suppose i could follow your design and use like clear pvc or actylic tube. can acrulic tube be joined with pvc parts? using pvc cement?

·
Pretty In Pink
3,288 Posts
skybat77

Checkout RC (reef central where I spend most of my time) I've built several beckett skimmers and mine fits under my stand about 28" tall. I made a longer injector tube to make up for the shorter profile. Do a search on "beckett skimmer" You can downsize the size of the tube for the smaler tank.

hth
:cool:

·
Registered
807 Posts
Andy has a lot of pieces of acrylic professionally cut on his site for sale for DIY projects.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts