The Reef Tank banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im looking to pick up some corals today for the tank, lps wise im looking for candy cane, plate, blastos, brain (open or closed), anything of that nature. With sps im looking for anything that has good color to it.

·
Registered
874 Posts
dont know if you want frags or not, but the fish store and more just got some beautiful med size acros in, absolutely beautiful, they are around 50-60 I believe and I personally think worth every penny. Not only are they aqua cultured from the ocean, but they have cool little acro crabs on every one :p I almost bought one just for that reason, but I hesitated a bit due to the clam in my tank, any crab scares me.

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yea i may have to go by there. I just hate driving all the way down there and then not know for sure if im going to want anything. right now im just looking for frags.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Hey I can fork out 25-30 bucks. If someone else wants to split the price and frag in half....I'm all for it. It depends how big the frags are.

GLXTRIX - are they the same sized as the $30 frags at capbay?

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Im down for that too.

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
Registered
874 Posts
the corals at TFSAM are about 3-4" high and 3+in wide, some are smaller, some are a lil bigger. But they are really great pieces.

·
Registered
874 Posts
I really dont know for sure, alls I do know is you cant trust any crab with clams, sure everyone has red and blue legs in thier tanks, but when it comes to a 60+ dollar clam, I'm not going to play lets hope :) I mean they might stay on the acro, I dont know, I've never had one. I'm sure other people would be able to tell ya for sure.

·
ARC Member
707 Posts
Crabs typically won't mess with any healthy clam. I've read (and experienced) that clams will emit some 'distress' chemical when they aren't healthy, and scavengers pick up on that and attack the clam.

As far as acro crabs go, they simply don't leave their colony home.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts