The Reef Tank banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

· Premium Member
3,275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm going to be placing an order with ReefCleaners.org on Sunday night. If anybody wants anything from them, let me know so we can work out the money thing and if we need to split any shipping charges. If our order is $150 or more, USPS Express (overnight or two days at the most) is free of charge. Otherwise, it'll be $26. (I don't want to mess with Priority Mail, even for hardy items like snails/hermits and such.)

The order should ship out on Monday and arrive either Tuesday or Wednesday. Pick-up would be at my place (South side of EC) on either Tuesday or Wednesday evening, just depending on when the order arrived. I'd post on here when it arrived so that pick-up could be arranged. It'd also give anyone who orders the chance to see the progress of my tank in-person. ;)

Send me a PM if you're interested in ordering anything along with me.

-Joe

· Premium Member
3,275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok, it turns out we're just going to do a small group buy. Here's the info I just got when I submitted the request through their website:

The closing day will have to be two days before the scheduled shipping day for the group buy. This gives us enough lead time to get everything in order, and to make sure to limit our regular orders so we can package the group order correctly. Tell the members of the group to use the code "reefclub" to get 25% off our order. Then just have your members make their orders straight through the site, but have them choose the group buy shipping option during checking out, it is free.

Then we package all the orders, placing the name of the person on the bag and ship on the selected day. That is about it. If you have the thread on a forum, let me know if I am allowed to post there, and I can help answer questions as they come up, saving you the trouble of relaying the message.

In the unfortunate vent that there are losses, have the purchaser email me directly, (through our site), and will take care of the problem.

All the Best,
John Maloney

So, for now, please don't place the order through them. I'm going to wait until I get the e-mail confirming our group buy. I'm hoping that we'll get approval soon and then be able to order by Sunday night and have our order shipped on Wednesday. Otherwise, we may have to wait until next Monday (18th) to have our order shipped. I'll keep this thread up-to-date as I hear back from them and get the confirmed info about this group buy.

So, hang tight for now. :p

-Joe

· Registered
1,693 Posts
Joe Have you ordered from these guys before? If so how was their plants ?

· Premium Member
3,275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I've never ordered from them before, but I've heard good things about them and researched the company in the past when I was considering an order of clean-up crew items.

Still waiting on a response from them. I believe they're diving and collecting stuff to sell this weekend, so we may not hear from them until Monday... In which case it'll be a little bit before we can get our orders in and receive the live goods. I'll keep everyone posted...

-Joe

· Premium Member
3,275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Wow, I wonder if we could do that for the LARK group also? You should ask him/send him our way, Joe!
Zach, all you guys have to do is fill out a form on their website for a group buy and they'll get in-touch with you and help get it going for you. It's right on their website.

-Joe

· Premium Member
3,275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Still haven't heard anything from Reef Cleaners, so I'm sure I won't hear back from them until tomorrow. Hopefully we'll be able to get the order done in time for a Wednesday shipment, but if not it might have to ship out on Monday, May 18th. We'll see what they say when they get back from the dive trip and get in-touch with me.

-Joe

· Premium Member
3,275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Here's the e-mail I just got back:

"Thanks for setting it up, I will be looking for the members orders. Have them put in your club's name to cue me in. Use the code "reefclub" for 25% off and I think we are good to go. Let me know if any questions arise, sorry for the delay in returning this, we were away for the last 2 days."

LET'S START ORDERING!!! Use the coupon code to get the discount and make sure you select the group order shipping option so you don't get billed shipping when you place your order. And, of course, make sure you note your order as ECRC so you get in on the group part of the order. ;)

Lastly, I asked him when the orders need to be in by and when the order will ship. I'll let you know when he gets back to me again. I also told him we want Express shipping. If we don't order enough to qualify for free shipping, he'll divide the shipping charges between everyone who puts an order in. I think it's $26 for Express shipping if we don't order like $150 or more worth of stuff. So, you may see a few dollars shipping charge added to your order if we don't go balls to the walls and order lots of stuff... Just a heads up on possible shipping charges!

So let's get the orders flowing! I'm putting mine in right now!
Joe

· Premium Member
3,275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I just submitted my order. After the 25% discount, my order total was $50.38. So, we're well underway to $150 and free shipping. ;) If we don't reach $150, we will all be splitting the $26 Express Mail shipping charge.

Also, I heard back and the order will ship out on Wednesday with Express shipping. YOUR ORDER MUST BE IN BY TOMORROW (MONDAY) NIGHT!!!!! That way ReefCleaners will have the time to get all of the orders together for Wednesday shipment. So, get those orders in and we'll have stuff either on Thursday or Friday, depending on how fast USPS gets us our critters! :D

-Joe

· Registered
1,049 Posts
I just submitted mine. It was only $21.73 as I didn't really need need any clean-up crew. I got mostly plants. I hope they're cool!! :)

How can they do the free shipping if its going to all different addresses? Or will they ship it to just one address? Questions, questions... I entered "reefclub" in the coupon spot and got the 25% off. I also used ECRC as my company name on my address, just in case. Then, when it came to choosing a shipping method, I chose "group buy". Did I do it all correctly?

· Premium Member
3,275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Jen,

Sounds like you did it correctly. It will all be shipped to my place, so I'll post on here when the stuff gets in. I can also send out text messages, but the only ECRC numbers I have so far are Jen's and DJ's.

-Joe

· Premium Member
3,275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
You should have made note of "ECRC" somewhere in your order, probably in the comments section. They send you an order confirmation via e-mail, so as long as you mention ECRC somewhere, they know where it's going.

-Joe

· Premium Member
3,275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Just a reminder to get your orders in within the next couple hours if you want to get in on this!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.