The Reef Tank banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do the zos look okay to you? They are sort of bleached in the center, especially the orange ones, but maybe theyre supposed to look like that. If they arent, any reason they might look this way?

·
Registered
86 Posts
Nice zoos, how long have you had them in the tank? That's probably just their natural coloration. I have seen many zoos that have that kind of wild speckled color in the middle of the polyp. On the other hand, they may be adjusting to the new tank parameters and lighting if they were a recent introduction. Just watch them and if they stay open when the lights are on and grow, they're doing great. I have some that are similarly colored:

Attachments

·
Registered
3,186 Posts
All zoos will close up and open up whenever they feel like it.. lol

I've never had zoo's die off (**** things are a nuiscense), I've always had to remove by hand. Just got done removing button polyps from a piece of LR tonight, about 8"x8" section of zoo's. I just hope I got them all.. Setting up a 10 gallon for the frags now.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well i meant when theyre unhealthy/dying heh, do they just bleach and melt down progessively looking worse but still opening everyday or do they close up and whither away?

·
Registered
3,186 Posts
bamann345 said:
cyberchef, I would be more than happy to take the zoos off of your hands!
Come on down to Columbus.. lol I have a few frags of the polyps... :dance: :blob:
They are brown button polyps with green centers and also with peach colored centers.

SlavicSavage said:
Well i meant when theyre unhealthy/dying heh, do they just bleach and melt down progessively looking worse but still opening everyday or do they close up and whither away?
Actually I do have a piece or 2 of LR with tiny polyps on them and they come and go. I've never seen them die off, they just seem to disapear. :D Wish the other polyps would have followed suit... :funny:

·
Registered
173 Posts
I have some teal and tan ones that have "leopard spots" and also sone green and orange ones. I have a small patch of zoos that have been closed since June with only a few open. The patch has not deteriorated. They all just do their own thing.

David

1 - 11 of 11 Posts