The Reef Tank banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was at my LFS looking for pepermints to get rid of my growing aptasia problem but alas... none. They did have camel shrimp they were giving away so I figured I'd take one as I thought they ate leftovers and would add some diversity to my tank. However, I was just looking on Premium Aquatics at their pepermints and they state that camels "bother corals". Is this true?

Thanks

·
Administrator
48,689 Posts
YES, shut up Spanks, know this one from personal experience, camel shrimp are damsel crustaceans, devil spawn ;)
Seriously not safe around polypy corals, oops , thats most of them :(

·
TRT Staff The Mominator
10,503 Posts
I will never forget the email I got from Doug many moons ago regarding camel shrimp in his tank:

"KKIIIIIIILLLLLLLL EEMMMMMM!!!!!"

'nuff said ;)

Alice

·
Super Moderator
28,194 Posts
Alice said:
I will never forget the email I got from Doug many moons ago regarding camel shrimp in his tank:

"KKIIIIIIILLLLLLLL EEMMMMMM!!!!!"

'nuff said ;)

Alice
YUP! that's exactly what Doug told me too! ;) Luckily, someone in my tank had him for dinner :p

·
Administrator
48,689 Posts
Now you all know officially I do not advocate indiscriminate murder of reef organisms, tho some times "things happen" and I can sanction that;)

·
Registered
706 Posts
/me using his best chicago/itialian accent....

"Joey da camel is going to have a little "accident" ans nobody is gonna say nothin! kapeesh?"

I don't know how to spell capeesh? capeshe? capese?

·
Registered
790 Posts
They are just like Joe the Camel. Not good, better off with out them...and promote lung cancer...well, I dont know about the shrimp, but they are the devils <><

-Paul

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.