The Reef Tank banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Just Cofused :>0
944 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I just finished my re-mod of a diy led lighting system. Went from 4 colors to 7. 6xcw,6xnw,9xrb,3xb,5xtv,5xt,3xdr.heres pics from beginning to end.Starting with the lights on tank as they were before and ending with lights on tank as they are now.

Attachments

·
944 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
more pics

more pics

Attachments

·
944 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
still more

still more

Attachments

·
944 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
last photo

Last photo

Attachments

·
944 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Tank looks warmer in color. I do like it .It was more work then I though it was going to be.Glad its done.

·
944 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
What colors are you currently using?

·
Registered
790 Posts
I have a hodge bodge of lights right now, build from mostly spares I had laying around.

10 RB, 6 CW and 2 TV. I'm thinking some NW would help a lot. What do you think I could add to get a better look?

·
944 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The natural whites would be a good idea. I have 50/50 cw-nw. I think the deep reds also help.I have 3 of them. You could look at replacing all of the cw's with nw's I believe that would really help a lot. I seems that more people are using them for that very reason.

·
Registered
790 Posts
Cool, thanks. I think I will give that a try. It definitely seems like everyone is now moving to NW. Are you running your red at full power? I've read they can be overpowering.

·
944 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yes. But I have a dim4 controller.It allows sun up/sun down and auto adjust the lights. So I have all the lights on 4 different time cycles and running max for about 3hrs a day the rest of the time they are getting either brighter once coming on then going dimmer after the peak power.Its a very cool controller.

·
944 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Good stuff. Definitely looks like a nice warm color. My seahorse tank is kind of blah right now. I might have to do something similar.
Do you have any pics of your seahorse tank.I would like to do that but I'm a bit nervous about them.I have read they don't live very long.

·
Registered
790 Posts
Do you have any pics of your seahorse tank.I would like to do that but I'm a bit nervous about them.I have read they don't live very long.
I don't have one but I will try to grab one today. I've heard of them living over 5 years if they don't get sick. The problem with seahorses is that you have to feed them frozen mysis a couple times a day. If they go more than a couple days without eating something happens to their stomach and they can't eat anymore. Which leads to death. Also it is best to keep the tanks under 74 degrees to limit the chance of disease. Other than that they're great. :rotflmao:

·
944 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I would love you see yours.I don't think I could do the feeding routine. Out of town to many times a year.Like our Daytona Beach weekend were doing at the end of this month.Sorry, Just had to add Datona Beach.Really looking forward to going.:D

·
Registered
790 Posts
Haha Daytona sounds awesome. They definitely put a hamper on vacations. I have a pet sitter that feeds them once a day for me when I make it away from the zoo. Here is the best pic of the tank I could tank with my iphone. Horses are still in the QT while it fishes cycling.

·
944 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Very Cool.What size tank is it and what type of horses did you go with? I really like the pigmy but have read there one of the hardest to care for.Hope to see some pics when it goes from being a tank to a stable. Good luck.

·
Registered
790 Posts
Thanks, it's a 30G and I have a pair of Kuda's. Dwarf's need to eat live brine shrimp a couple times a day. Talk about never being able to take a vacation hahaha. H. Erectus are the Hardiest of the captive breed species. Here's a pic of my horses. I trained them to eat out of a seashell so that helps with clean-up of the mysis they don't eat.

·
944 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
WOW!!!! Those are sooooooo coooool;) I have read about the seashell feeding in an artical of Aquarium Fish mag. Sounded like a good idea. Man I'm so jelous.
Thanks for the pic.Colors are great.Do you plan on tring to breed them?
That would be awesome. ;>)+++

·
Registered
790 Posts
Thanks, I just hope the colors stay! No plans to breed right now. I'm in an apartment that doesn't have enough room for everything needed. Once I get a house then it is on!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts