The Reef Tank banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 5 gallon bucket, I want to attach some kind of faucet/flow control to the bottom of the bucket and can't seem to find something cheap and easy. Need advice on what I should be looking for and where to get it. Looked at HD and they were trying to sell me a bunch of craziness that would have definitely been overkill.

·
Reefer Madness
179 Posts
so you need to be able to control how much water flows out of a 5 gal bucket? How much flow is needed? What is it being used for?

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It is for kalk, It will be sitting on a shelf full of water, when I need the water I want to dispense it into a small container that I use for dosing. I will probably also want something similar on another bucket I have that is filled with SW. I will use the second bucket with SW for water changes. I will put is on top of my tank (39gal nanno) and let it drain.

·
Super Moderator
10,749 Posts
Are you looking for something like at the bottom of this rubbermaid container? Just smaller scale?

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That would work I guess. I did see those in the plumbing department at hd but wasnt sure how to secure the inside part. I was thinking something with threads on the inside so I could use some sort of bushing to seal it instead of having to cake it with silicone. How does it secure on the inside?

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
anyone know of a good technique to get the ball valve (pictured above) securely on a 5 gallon bucket? the 5 gallon bucket plastic is a little more ridgid than what I imagine the grey can above is comprised of. I don't want to have to cake on a bunch of silicone to get a good seal. Was hoping to use something with threads so that I can tighten a bushing or o-ring to seal the valve in place.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts