a few micro brittle stars

30ish lbs liverock
Torch
Hammer
GSP
Frogspawn
& lots of zoanthids

My progress:

I started out with a 12g JBJ Nano Cube Dx, and after a couple weeks, I realized, it was just too small.
So I got a 24g Aquapod

Pretty big size difference!!

Everything moved over to the 24g:

On my end table stand, LOL. Still undecided about building a stand, looking for a used one, but I dont plan to leave it on there forever, it's too short.
However, does make for great viewing for my 2 year old.

Original aquascaping with brand new white "donut" baserock, at the time I had this for fish:
2 false percs
1 green clown goby,
purple pseduochromis

Then I had to rehome the pseduochromis, as I did not realize they arent big fans of shrimp, well...they are...but for food. I had already ordered my two sexy shrimp, so he had to go. I was told my large cleaner shrimp should be fine. Uh, nope. He was massacured.

Mr purple murderer got traded for another cleaner shrimp.

Soon after I got my Remora skimmer: which presented a new problem, how to install it?

That made my next purchase my HQI MH lighting:

We also made a lid:

I then added a Social Wrasse, or longfin fairy wrasse. Then everything died except my firefish. He's though and never had a spot of Ick.

It's been about 4 weeks now with no fish, I really want to add two tomatoe clowns, but waiting...patiently...waiting....

·
No Pinch!
696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
New aquascaping and new zoos:

Everyone seems to like it a lot better, myself included. The donut is still in there, just took a hammer to it and then did some creative chisel work to make a nice cave.

FTS:

Coral pictures:

Sexy shrimp

I just picked up these greens zoa's the other day from rob's, awesome huh?! I dont know what they are called , but to me they look like little kiwi's! yum!

·
No Pinch!
696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)

A conch and friends

One of the most important pieces of equipment: A good camera! I LOVE my new Cannon S2 IS

The thought....bigger tank....has already entered my mind, but thats a ways off, I've put too much $$$ into this tank to upgrade right now. Besides, soon we'll be starting the 180g in wall tank.

·
Registered
2,031 Posts
Looking good!! Want to buy a 55g?? Hee Hee Hee

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
Nice Tank Lynn! Some very colorful items in there. :D

·
Registered
230 Posts
Hey Discdogge.... I have that same camera and i can't get good pics of my 24. What settings do you have it on?

Thanks for any assist you can give...

·
Shinigami-sama
743 Posts
Very nice! Keep posting those pictures, and I'll have my wife wanting a nano in no time!!!

·
No Pinch!
696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Reefneckwidow, hahaha, no 55 for me, though, there is a 65g sitting empty in my bedroom, Niko's sump... : (
It would make a great Nano!! LOL

Reefneck,
thanks!!

Neverwouldof,
I hope he answered your question.

Ikaria,
thanks! Nano's rock! Although I wouldn't go smaller than my 24g for anything. Don't worry, I'll be posting tons of pics!

·
No Pinch!
696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks Pelagic!!

Woohoo for Reefneckwidow!! I bet she does stay up all night setting it up! I would! Is that her mothers day gift? : )

·
No Pinch!
696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Got some new zoa's from Rob's reef the other day, they are awesome, but Im hoping, as some of my other frags have, that they color up some more in time.

·
No Pinch!
696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I also got a great looking true perc (decided against tomatoe's), and another social wrasse. He's awesome too, swims all over , happy as can be.
I'll be adding another true perc and a yellow clown goby and thats it for fish.

·
Registered
230 Posts
havent really got around to playing with the camera yet... i have some other pics but on a different computer. I'll post a couple on here when i get a chance. Tank is doing great though. Fish Maniac gave me some live sand out of his large coral tank and it must have been filled with pods because i see them everywhere in my fuge. Also have a new Coralife 150 watt halide Pro fixture with 65watt actinics that is 24" wide but looks good with the aquapod and gives alot more better light coverage then the current 70watt. Used off ebay for 200 plus 2 additional bulbs. Using the 15k right now and is great. temp staying right at 78-80 with two fans blowing across top 24hrs. Have kent 2.5 gallon dripping RO in allday at slow drip. Only problem.... no more space for additional fish and coral...what to do... what to do! (2) black percs, (1) diamond goby, (1) sixline wrasse and a cleaner shrimp. couple dozen snails and hermits.

I like your zoos... been thinking about doing an all zoo 10gallon with my left over parts.

·
No Pinch!
696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Yeah Ive thought about a "zoo garden" too.
Im about to post pics of my new true perc.

For livestock Im up to:
a social/red fin/ long fin/ fairy wrasse
a true perc
a firefish
cleaner shrimp
peppermint shrimp
2 sexy shrimp
various hermits and snails

I'll be adding another true perc and a yellow clown goby

1 - 20 of 96 Posts