The Reef Tank banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
7,938 Posts
Where are the shells ending up? In one place?

What size tank do you have, and how long has it been set up? What are your tested water parameters?

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i have a 29g its been up and running 4 years. my water parameters honestly couldnt tell you. i go to the fish store about once a month and they test it. it's always good though. i only have 2 clowns and some inverts.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i dont know where the shells are. one is big the other is still the same size as when i put it in.

·
Saltwater Mom
5,869 Posts
I agree hermits probably just fighting for the best shell. I recently added a bunch of new shells for my crabs and they all fought over one shell. Slowly they all found new homes but I think a couple lost the battle.

·
Premium Member
10,625 Posts
I would bet that the snails have been rising up against the crabs and eating them... or not. it could be any number of things. they could be starving too. you may also have a mantis shrimp getting a feast.

·
Registered
7,938 Posts
One thing it might be: if your LFS just got them in and acclimated them poorly, it could be a week or longer before the effects of poor acclimation (dead snails) are seen.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts