The Reef Tank banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
www.RMMAC.org Dreamer
1,839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I now have four color variations of Montipora Digita. I would like to place them in close proximity. As a wild guess I think they might grow into each other in 6 months to a year. Since they are all digita will they get along or will they fight like other corals do when they touch?

·
Premium Member
17,355 Posts
will most likely not be a problem, unless they are such differing spp. that they recognize each other as totally different. Most likely will be ok.

·
www.RMMAC.org Dreamer
1,839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hopefully it will not be a problem. That is the hope. They already look pretty sweet, four differant colors of the same growth form. It will look even better if they can grow into each other with out killing. Nothing bums me out like watching my corals wage war.

I already have more frags than I can get rid of. A friend visited from wisconsin this weekend and I sent him home with a box full. Everybody in the club(RMAC) has already gotten a full load of frags from me. I am not sure where to go with the rest. The LFS is a remote hope. I could try posting in the Twin Cities forum. Shipping is out of the questions, it is a pain in the *** I am not willing to deal with.

I still need to get some dry sand for the plugs. I have used them with out and they still work great, just have to make sure they are in the sand good so they do not tip. At this rate I may be ordering more in the comming months. At least one other person I mentioned your frag plugs to is interested also.

·
Registered
3,186 Posts
Hopefully it won't be a problem. I could see where the different color morphs all growing together would be nice.

I'm glad to hear that you like them and that they are working out well for you. If you ever decide to ship please let me know... :)

·
Maltese Reefer
490 Posts
I don't know if this will help, but I have two different colored Montipora Capricornis together on the same small rock. They came from garf that way, and now that they have taken off, they are plating like crazy. Anyway, they were always very close, but now one has grown into the other, and right at the site where they touch, one of them has bleached, but only RIGHT around the contact site, and it doesn't spread. Other that that, they are growing right next to each other and even around each other fine.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Strongest digitata will probably outgrows weaker digitata.I buy wild colony with green and brown digitata growing together and look like same corals(some branches are conected together)but in aquarium brown digitata grow faster and slowly kill green digitata.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts