1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
18,603 Posts
They all do the same thing,biggest differenece is the P and the E:rolleyes:

·
Registered
682 Posts
The diffuser cone on a penductor tends to be shorter and more flared than the diffuser cone on an eductor. This causes flow separation on the side of the diffuser and results in less mixing of the high-speed jet from the nozzle with water drawn into the eductor.

The result is that penductors tend to produce a much more narrow, high-speed jet and eductors produce a broader lower-speed jet.

·
Registered
682 Posts
Here's how my eductors are set up...

Flow from each converge at a point near the front-center of the tank. The water then moves downward along the front glass, through that arch under the rocks then up the back channel between the overflows. Keeps the bottom of the tank swept clean.

·
Registered
101 Posts
i am going to run 4 on my iwaki 100 four penductors that is.. and just have all four at the top of the tank pointing long ways across the 6 feet then hit that wall.. hopefully go down across the bottom and back up to the over flow.. we will see :)

·
Registered
101 Posts
what pump.. from what the guy at KTH sales told me the thread size is just size effects nothing with the penductor.. and he said to get the .300 orfice and then if you feel you need to drill it out then you can... better to start small and go up.. i have the female 3/4 .300 4 of them on an iwaki 100.. the female 3/4 is what you woudl want if you plan ot hook them to loc line

·
Registered
1 Posts
I had to join here, just so I could say hi!

They all do the same thing,biggest differenece is the P and the E:rolleyes:
That's from me as a Linux user.

Now to the topic. I'm getting ready to use these in a liquid-cooling system for my computer. I'm just trying to work out how to go about it. I'm looking for units to create a small cooling tower.

Shingoshi

1 - 13 of 13 Posts