The Reef Tank banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I did my first water change in a bunch of years today:D . I would to thank Pugit Sound Energy for convincing me to under take one. I went out and got a 150 gallons of NSW to do the change but was sitting on the fence about doing it. Well my good buddys PSE (the power company) decided it was in my best interest and cut off the power to the house for 3 hours:mad: It all went really well although if I had to do it again I would have perfered not to dump the 80 gallons on the floor but rather send it down to thier lake:confused:
Thank God I sealed in the stand and the water could not go inot the family room but went outside again. The darm syphon break got pluged with some algae so it didnt work that well (or at all) well that wont EVERR happen again.

Other then that all went well, Lorena should be back by next week with my visa card:rolleyes:

Mike

·
Registered
3,074 Posts
wow, that sucks.. so who did you Pi** off at hte power company :D

how the heck did you get/transport 150 gallons of nsw ???

non related question for ya mike.. .what's the differance between 3 hour masking tape and 5 day masking tape?

the morons at HD that WORK IN THE PAINT DEPT. had NO clue!!

i needed to tape off my doors so i could trim them in black. well i went ahead and just bought the 3 hour tape. and everything worked fine. but i'd still like to know what the difference is for the next project. thanks!

·
Registered
2,262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
All in barrels Jay.

The 3hour is designed for painting and then removing. The other tape is softer (usually blue) and has a different style glue it will last alot longer with out seperating from the tapes paper. Just use the 5 day u shouldnt need much

Mike

·
Administrator
48,701 Posts
(quote)how the heck did you get/transport 150 gallons of nsw ???
(endquote)
Truck, A really big Dodge truck, hell the tires are taller than a 2F2F car, well cept the rear wing ;)
So Mike, other than sucking half the lake dry, it werent so bad. Oh wait , let me guess, you got water sat afternoon. I got dragged down to waterfront park in Silverdale and everyone was standing on the exposed rock bottom, going , " Whoa, there was a lot of water here 6 hrs ago , dude"

·
Registered
5,816 Posts
Mike tell us the truth that was sea weed that got stuck, not algae from the lake!!:D

Glad everything turned out ok though!;)

·
Super Moderator
28,197 Posts
yeh, Dave...so Mike found out.

Mike...tell us how much you want to do another water change really soon ;)

·
Registered
658 Posts
Oh, okay... that's what the problem was...
I wondered why the tide was lower today than usual... it was because you changed your tank water. :D
You still rely on public utilities? I figured you'd have your own power grid for that beast... ;)

·
http://atlanta-smas.org/
1,688 Posts
i cant really say i have any sympathy on the water change. i drag out my rubbermaid once a month and change out 130 gallons on my two tanks. it has never turned into a fun time. but it gives my lovely wife something to really moan and groan over. are you planning on not doing changes on that gorgeous system of yours?

·
Premium Member
17,355 Posts
heh!! rotflmao!!!

Normally I would have skipped over this thread until I was getting ready to close TRT to work on other projects, then I saw "Mojoreef" as the poster...

:p :p :p :eek: :p :p :p

Road trip today, look out Atlanta here we come!

·
Registered
239 Posts
I guess your tank will tell you when it needs a water change. Eh Mike?

Good thing you got a BIG truck. I'd have trrouble trying to fit enough water in my car for a decent water change on my 75 gallon. For a tank your size I'd have to call a pumper truck.

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
You sure it wasn't a Mandarin Ghost haunting your tank????;)

:beer:
-Big Dave

·
TRT Staff The Mominator
10,503 Posts
Heheh, Mike, you had to KNOW you were gonna catch it on this one ;)

So is the water that flowed over during the water change seperate from the water that um, didn't get syphoned into the bucket while you were vaccuming? :eek:

Yup, you'll see Lorena sometime next week, LOL

Alice

·
Registered
2,262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Ya Ya YA I am going to do this on a regular schedule now...Hmmm lets me see...that should make the next one in 2009:rolleyes:
I went to the PA, you got to love them they have a 2 inch line for pumping out SW. In and out in 15 minutes. SOrry about the lower then average tide.:D

Reefer Addict \I had my own source but I plumb wore out the kids on the oversized gerbal wheel;)

Reed be carefull your only one step away from being an algae scrubber;)

Dave lets not talk about the manderin, they want to have terry back for anouther meeting:rolleyes:

No Alice I reused the water I sucked up, but thats concidered a water change isnt it???? I am sure it changed the chemical make up of the water:dance:

mike

·
Premium Member
17,355 Posts
mojoreef said:
Ya Ya YA I am going to do this on a regular schedule now...Hmmm lets me see...that should make the next one in 2009...
Well HECK!!! I figured that you'd stopped making water changes altogether, just start another new tank project and farm out the critters! :D:D:D

btw, youse gotz mail...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.