The Reef Tank banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Kill Cyno

I also get a bit of a green mat on live sand below 250 W MH microreef. Are there real dangers and pitfalls of Cyno? Worse than just anoying? The stuff seems kind of cool but retains little gas bubbles. Looking for any thoughfull inpu. From my lab deep underground in Chicago. Jerry Aquaculture+

Attachments

·
Registered
14 Posts
re:
Were you refering to algea mat on live sand or calm surface areas in my sump. The two seem to be completelly different. The live sand gets a mat similar to golf green! Calm surface areas in the sump get a thin cool looking green film (also closest to the light) Will take your advice! But what would be the right conditions for a beneficial bio film? Is there such a thing? I raised the water level in the sump a bit and found without a super calm surface area (exposed rock..causing surface pockets) most is swept away and skimmed out (good feed for rots anyone?)....Is anyone feeding rots..can you use nice greenwater out of a primative skimmer?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.